Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for Memory for iMac G3 233MHz

Options
  • 31-03-2013 2:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

Hi,

I am looking for the right memory for a iMac G3 I own, could you point me in the right direction for the type I need. Also I need a lid for a iBook g3 Clamshell. BlueBerry in colour if anyone knows of a website to buy off of.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

Theres a lot of different G3's and most of them take different memory speeds and support different amounts. Your best bet is to get the serial number of the iMac and Google what RAM it takes, once you've found that out, MemoryC will probably have what ya need (if you wanna buy new. I'm sure you could get them second hand too). Ebay is your best bet for a lid, although it may work out cheaper/easier to buy an entire broken G3 off someone and just take the lid off it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

The Original iMac Bondai was a 233MHz G3 which shipped with Mac OS 8 and 32MB of PC66 SDRAM. There were 2 revisions, A and B. Revision A could unofficially take a maximum of 384MB of RAM while revision B could handle 512MB. Modules are 144Pin SODIMM so may be tricky to source. I think I might have some here if you're still interested. The machine will support up to Mac OS X 10.3.9.

Ken

Advertisement