Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need Visa Information

Options
  • 31-03-2013 5:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

I know this has probably been asked alot but I need help with understanding the visa application process and how to do it all basicly.

I've been on the cic website and I'm still confused and I've read through everything. I've been told the next time that you can apply is in January which is fine cos I'm not planning on going until June 2014 but I just don't know where to start.
    I'm hoping to travel and work but don't know how to go about doing that but if thats not possible I'm willing to settle in one place.
    I'll be going with a friend and we're as useless as each other on how to do things like this so any help will do or any tips or advice on what we should do to find accomidation and work becuase as I've said we're useless :)

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

You can move around as much as you like on the IEC visa you don't have to settle in one place.

My main advice for now would be to just sit tight until Dec/Jan when the guidelines for applying in 2014 are posted. The rules are altered every year so no one knows yet what the process for applying next year is going to be.

The only thing you can be sure you'll definitely need to apply is a police check for Ireland, and a police check for any country that you lived in for more than 6 months. Don't bother applying for them though until Oct/Nov at the earliest otherwise they might be considered to old by the time you apply for the visa.

Advertisement