Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shaving/Magnifying mirrors

• 31-03-2013 6:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭

I just realised that we rarely mention these on the forum.

zledv45.jpg

I have one, and they are a great piece of kit, anyone else use one?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

I bought one when I first started out with a DE. Hardly used it though. I found the mirror on the wall by the sink to be more convenient than the shaving mirror.

I might try it out again at some point.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I use one for the first pass. It helps me keep an eye on the direction of the grain. I'd need a better light source* to get full use out of it.

(*no shaving light in the bathroom)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭summerskin

I use one occasionally but tend to use the mirror on the wall as it is more convenient. Didn't find it made much difference for me to be honest.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Frack that!.."ahem" i mean I use my frack mirror

I got my super cheap ikea shaving mirror :)
    I use it every time i shave,

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/38006200/

frack-mirror__26262_PE092247_S4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭real stig

Hi guys, long time lurker first time posting, I was wondering if these shave mirrors steam up? I usually shave after a shower and cant really see what I'm doing when I shave! This isn't really an issue now but I'm going to start shaving with a safety razor and want to be able to see what I'm doing!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Mine steams up alright, I just wipe the ikea mirror i have with a towel...not a big deal.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

A bit of warm/hot water on the glass usually keeps it from fogging up again too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

real stig wrote: »
    Hi guys, long time lurker first time posting, I was wondering if these shave mirrors steam up? I usually shave after a shower and cant really see what I'm doing when I shave! This isn't really an issue now but I'm going to start shaving with a safety razor and want to be able to see what I'm doing!

You can get fog-free ones:

http://www.showerdoordirect.com/FOGLESS%E2%80%9D%E2%84%A2-SIDED-TELESCOPING-SHOWER-MIRROR/dp/B0002GVEOI?traffic_src=pads&utm_medium=paid&utm_source=pads

That one is designed for the shower.

Advertisement