Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Westwood Questions

Options
  • 31-03-2013 9:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm thinking of joining Westwood in Leopardstown (after I've eaten my Easter egg!) and am wondering what people's experiences are.

Are the program's and assessments they do good? I've worked out with a personal trainer in the past and loved it, but don't want to pay for individual sessions on top of the monthly fee. I plan on using the classes and gym work to get back in shape and know that I have to push myself but I want good quality programs. They say that there's an assessment and new program every 10 visits.

Would be really grateful for any views! Thanks :-)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭anhedonia

I use Westwood Clontarf and Sandymount and think the Les Mills classes that are on offer are amazing. I regularly take Bodypump(weights), Bodybalance(yoga/pilates) and CXworx (core strength). I find these classes really effective and dont feel the need to bother with any personal training. Ive been a member of a few other gyms including Crunch fitness in temple bar, and have to say that none compare to Westwood Clontarf. I hear good things about Leopardstown too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

the spin in westwood clontarf is good.
    Kettlebells used to be brilliant but they recently lost
    a lot of trainers and the new ones don't do as intense a class!

i am also wondering why ya can't use the kettlebells outside of class time!
    they get locked away which is a negative.
    other than that great gym

• Registered Users Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭The Davestator

srm23 wrote: »
    the spin in westwood clontarf is good.
    Kettlebells used to be brilliant but they recently lost
    a lot of trainers and the new ones don't do as intense a class!

i am also wondering why ya can't use the kettlebells outside of class time!
    they get locked away which is a negative.
    other than that great gym

(Full Disclosure - I am the GM of WW Leopardstown and I'm not posting to shill the club, just to correct one point)

There are KB's available at all times in Leopardstown in the functional training area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

my post said clontarf
    any idea why they do it there?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭The Davestator

srm23 wrote: »
    my post said clontarf
    any idea why they do it there?

Afraid not.

• Advertisement
Advertisement