Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Villa v Pool. 13:30

12346»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

Enrique should be shot for that clearance. Almost cost the game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,503 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

He blows it up after exactly 3 mins after Henderson rolling on the ground for
    a minute??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Nice one, 3 points away and no yellow for suarez. Now out for bank holiday sunday :D

Delighted with that. Wasn't expecting 3 points at all.

Hope Villa stay up though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

fullstop wrote: »
    a minute??

rolled around?? the villa player caught him on the knee and was lucky not to be given a red card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

FT 1-2

That was just about the least convincing win this calender year, but I'll take it. The half time talk did appear to make a difference with everyone a bit sharper and more decisive.
    Villa certainly helped though, no real fight once they conceded

fullstop wrote: »
    a minute??

Should have been a red.

Shocking tackle.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Scummy tackle.

Red all day long

Thank god it wasn't the other way around or all hell would break loose here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,503 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Should have been a red.

Shocking tackle.

It should have. But there should have been another 45 second added for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Well deserved.......i'll miss villa next season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭Danye

They won't though if that performance is anything to go by.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Happy enough with that after going behind.

Still feel our centre backs are our weakest area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Be a shame to see Villa go down. They've got some very promising players but don't have the mentality yet. They were never getting back into that after the equaliser and if Suarez had his shooting boots on it would have been a lot worse.

Did we not come from behind against West Ham this season? (Sky saying first comeback since Dec 2011).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Be a shame to see Villa go down. They've got some very promising players

outside benteke (who will be playing at a top club next season) thats a championship level squad of players

murpho999 wrote: »
    Did we not come from behind against West Ham this season? (Sky saying first comeback since Dec 2011).

yup....2-1 down reversed to 3-2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

Dang Dwight watch out for the fashion police

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Shankly Gates

murpho999 wrote: »

Think we went ahead in that game first though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

Yorke : Benteke has been a revolution this season
    Redknapp : I think Dwight has hit the nail on the head there.

We're among giants people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

TurtyTurd and fullstop, cut it out.

Delighted with that. Wasn't expecting 3 points at all.

Not at half time anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

rossie1977 wrote: »
    outside benteke (who will be playing at a top club next season) thats a championship level squad of players
    I did say promising.
    A bit more experience and the addition of a couple of older heads and they would be well equipped for the top flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭PRAF

Think we went ahead in that game first though

Did we not comeback vs spurs too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,676 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

PRAF wrote: »
    Did we not comeback vs spurs too?

I think the stat was only referring to when we were behind at half time.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Afaik, we haven't won a game this season before today when the other team has scored the first goal. In the league.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Good away win after an international break. Always difficult.

Thought we were decent but not spectacular and our defensive frailties were all too clear again. Also we really need to look at our game plan going into the last 15 minutes when a goal up. We seem to do everything to let the other team back in it. Didn't keep the ball well enough in this period.

Also thought Suarez should've been subbed off for the last 10 or 15 for Sturridge, he looked dead on his feet.

Benteke is some player. He's only 22. Can't think of a better 'big man' in the Premier League. Apart from being incredibly strong he seems to have really quick feet and obviously knows where the goal is - 14 league goals in a relegation side is impressive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Sky are really scraping the barrel for 'stats'.

Turtyturd wrote: »

Agreed, a totally stupid stat.

They are over reliant on them.

4 out of 3 people don't understand them any way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Turtyturd wrote: »

I had to laugh at the whole not beating a top ten side when we had beaten West Ham who were in the top ten at the time we played them. Beat Swansea and the following week its a top 7 side, what a ridiculously arbitrary figure to choose. Beat Spurs and what now we haven't won against a top 2 side?
    What was todays not coming back against a 1 nil deficit in the first half in the league. I wonder how often we were one nil down at half time since the last time we came back.
    I wonder what the next damning stat will be that sky trot out.

Oh and the level of bull crap spoken by the commentary is staggering. 'Look at Paul Lambert with PL on his shirt, that's where he wants to be next year in the premier league.'
    Guaranteed he got a big thumbs up from Alan Smith for that pure genius observation.

Also what is up with the thumbs up gestures from the Liverpool side. Rodgers, Downing, Suarez, Johnson and a few others today were at it all day. Never seen a side do it as much.

• Advertisement

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Oh and the level of bull crap spoken by the commentary is staggering. 'Look at Paul Lambert with PL on his shirt, that's where he wants to be next year in the premier league.'
    Guaranteed he got a big thumbs up from Alan Smith for that pure genius observation.

Also what is up with the thumbs up gestures from the Liverpool side. Rodgers, Downing, Suarez, Johnson and a few others today were at it all day. Never seen a side do it as much.

What you talking about? Thumbs up to who?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Thumbs up to you,good sir.

Thumbs up to you,good sir.

1291131680_two-thumbs-up.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

I had to laugh at the whole not beating a top ten side when we had beaten West Ham who were in the top ten at the time we played them. Beat Swansea and the following week its a top 7 side, what a ridiculously arbitrary figure to choose. Beat Spurs and what now we haven't won against a top 2 side?
    What was todays not coming back against a 1 nil deficit in the first half in the league. I wonder how often we were one nil down at half time since the last time we came back.

Which is why i just watch the game no and dont bother with half time or after the game nonsense

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

If you're so concerned with the stuff Sky say, why do you bother listening to them? They're irrelevant. Never understood why people have any kind of interest in pundits at all, or commentators for that matter. How do you guys manage when you go to games and have nobody to tell you what's happening?

COYVB wrote: »
    If you're so concerned with the stuff Sky say, why do you bother listening to them? They're irrelevant. Never understood why people have any kind of interest in pundits at all, or commentators for that matter. How do you guys manage when you go to games and have nobody to tell you what's happening?

I never claimed they were in anyway relevant but when your watching a game on tv their there so its very difficult to ignore when they say something shockingly stupid.
    I don't watch the build up, half time or any of stuff.
    If I was at a game and someone I was with said something stupid id discuss it with people who might have an interest or those that where there. Considering I wasn't at the game and the vast majority here weren't either and more than likely watched it on tv, I cant see why discussing what the commentators said gets treated with such disdain by yourself.
    When I'm at a game Im all at sea obviously without someone telling me what's happening becuase thats what tv commentators do, ah no wait they dont really do that now do they? The really are just background noise and talk about the players.
    Now a radio commentator describes what is happening all right.

To each other. I just never noticed a team to do it anywhere near as often as Liverpool. Also I might have been rambling.:pac:

Advertisement