Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Information and social computing UCD?

Options
  • 31-03-2013 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hi everyone,
    I was just wondering is anyone doing/has done this course through the Arts Degree or through the Social Science degree? What is the workload for this course like? Is it easy or hard? Do you find it an interesting degree and have you gotten a job at the end of it?
    Did anyone major in Library and information studies in year 2? What was that like? Have you gotten a job in a library or are you in further study?

Thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

I did a few of the level 1 modules as random electives in first year and took one in second year as generally library studies subjects are seen as a bit of a joke (at that level anyway).

Each module was extremely easy.

I don't know how much more difficult it gets after that, but I do know a girl who did a masters in it at UCD and has a good library job in a different college now.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭I love angels

Hi Jackass,
    Thank you for your reply. heard you said the modules are easy? Did you enjoy them or did you just find that they were not for you?

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Just wanted to add, given your other thread about Law, there is a monumental differences in difficulty between these courses.

Advertisement