Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

rear tyres...

• 31-03-2013 12:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭

the rear battlax bt20 on my trophy 900 is getting worn and squared off, i'm happy enough with it and there's not much chicken strip leftbiggrin.gif i've a nearly new as in less than 1000 miles, bt20f on the front. whats the current tyre of choice at the minute thats got good wear and grip? or do i stick with a bt20?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

serious3 wrote: »
    the rear battlax bt20 on my trophy 900 is getting worn and squared off, i'm happy enough with it and there's not much chicken strip leftbiggrin.gif i've a nearly new as in less than 1000 miles, bt20f on the front. whats the current tyre of choice at the minute thats got good wear and grip? or do i stick with a bt20?

Depends on what you need it for mate. The BT020, is that the new tyre from Bridgestone? Heard they're really good. Good tyres also are the Pirelli Supercorsa (uber-sticky) Michelin Pilot Road 3 are great tyres, good mileage and good grip, especially in the wet. The Pilot Road 2's are pretty decent too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Depends on what you need it for mate. The BT020, is that the new tyre from Bridgestone? Heard they're really good. Good tyres also are the Pirelli Supercorsa (uber-sticky) Michelin Pilot Road 3 are great tyres, good mileage and good grip, especially in the wet. The Pilot Road 2's are pretty decent too.

I've a BT023 on the rear of my Bandit and cannot fault it. Thankgully it has never stepped out on me. Last tyre on it was a BT021 so just replaced it with the newer model.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

road3 tbh

unless they have been superceeded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭serious3

bt020 out for a good while, happy enough with wet and dry grip tbh, hearing good things about the pr3's tho..... she's a heavy old lump my bike so i'd like dual compounds to get some mileage out of the rears might just throw another bt020 on the back and put a pair of pr3's on later in the year as i prefer to fit tyres in pairs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

The bt23 is ment to be top class

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Stainless_Steel

Think the new Bridgestone is called the S20.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

Think the new Bridgestone is called the S20.

That's to replace the bt16 I think

R10s racing10
    S20 sports20

The bt 20 and 23 are sports touring

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Pilot 3. So much confidence in them, can really throw the bike around in the wet too which is great.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

For an all weather bike I'd go for BT023's / PR3's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

+1 for the PR3's I currently have a set on my bike but you will get longer from the PR2's with much the same grip in the wet. The PR3's are a softer compound, blue orion had a set of PR2's and went to the PR3's and went back to the PR2's. As the mileage was not the same, I had a set of PR2s and the mileage I got from them was savage and I am not getting anywhere near the same with the current PR3's. Not much in the price either, AFAIK Crossans in Newry have a free fitting service running at the moment.

• Advertisement
Advertisement