Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One piece Thread

Options
  • 31-03-2013 12:33pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 759 ✭✭✭

I have been looking around and have not seen anyone talking about one piece since 2009 or maybe I did not look hard enough :confused:
    For me I just started watching one piece in January of this year, because I missed watching it when I was a kid :(
    I watch the english dubbed ones by funanimation
    Right now I am currently waiting for the release of 253-263 scheduled to be released on the 13 May :D
    How is it going for ye all, I made this thread so all the people who watch one piece can have a chat about it here

***NO SPOILERS PLEASE ***

P.S. Luffy kicks Ass

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,493 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Never heard of it,whats it about?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Tempted to grab the first of the DVDs when they release here, it looks like a fun series but with almost 700 episodes there must be a dammmmnnnnn lot of filler arcs.

Meh, long as they are entertaining :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Man City 10

Never heard of it,whats it about?

Never heard of one piece :eek:
    Here is a brief summary by IMDB

There once lived a pirate named Gol D. Roger. He obtained wealth, fame, and power to earn the title of Pirate King. When he was captured and about to be executed, he revealed that his treasure called One Piece was hidden somewhere at the Grand Line. This made all people set out to search and uncover the One Piece treasure, but no one ever found the location of Gol D. Roger's treasure, and the Grand Line was too dangerous a place to overcome. Twenty-two years after Gol D. Roger's death, a boy named Monkey D. Luffy decided to become a pirate and search for Gol D. Roger's treasure to become the next Pirate King. Written by J LeGault

The man who had acquired everything in this world, the Pirate King, is Gol D. Roger. The final words he said at the execution tower were "My treasures? If you want it, I'll let you have it. Look for it; I left all of it at that place." These words sent many to the seas, chasing their dreams, headed toward the Grand Line, in search of One Piece. And a new age began! Seeking to be the greatest pirate in the world, young Monkey D. Luffy also heads toward the Grand Line in search of One Piece. With his diverse crew joining him along the way, consisting of a swordsman, marksman, navigator, cook, doctor, archaeologist, and cyborg-shipwright, this will be one memorable adventure. Written by Ne0Freedom

http://www.dubbedepisodes.net/?s=one+piece&x=24&y=21
    You can watch some of the episodes here

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Tempted to grab the first of the DVDs when they release here, it looks like a fun series but with almost 700 episodes there must be a dammmmnnnnn lot of filler arcs.

Meh, long as they are entertaining :p

Are you watching the dubbed ones??
    What episode are you on
    I just watch it online

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,493 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Never heard of one piece :eek:
    Here is a brief summary by IMDB

There once lived a pirate named Gol D. Roger. He obtained wealth, fame, and power to earn the title of Pirate King. When he was captured and about to be executed, he revealed that his treasure called One Piece was hidden somewhere at the Grand Line. This made all people set out to search and uncover the One Piece treasure, but no one ever found the location of Gol D. Roger's treasure, and the Grand Line was too dangerous a place to overcome. Twenty-two years after Gol D. Roger's death, a boy named Monkey D. Luffy decided to become a pirate and search for Gol D. Roger's treasure to become the next Pirate King. Written by J LeGault

The man who had acquired everything in this world, the Pirate King, is Gol D. Roger. The final words he said at the execution tower were "My treasures? If you want it, I'll let you have it. Look for it; I left all of it at that place." These words sent many to the seas, chasing their dreams, headed toward the Grand Line, in search of One Piece. And a new age began! Seeking to be the greatest pirate in the world, young Monkey D. Luffy also heads toward the Grand Line in search of One Piece. With his diverse crew joining him along the way, consisting of a swordsman, marksman, navigator, cook, doctor, archaeologist, and cyborg-shipwright, this will be one memorable adventure. Written by Ne0Freedom

http://www.dubbedepisodes.net/?s=one+piece&x=24&y=21
    You can watch some of the episodes here

I'm way behind on everything it seems and I don't just mean anime :p.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Are you watching the dubbed ones??
    What episode are you on
    I just watch it online

Ive not even started it. Could watch it online (might watch 1 or 2 to gauge it), but if I can get em on DVD I will. All the effort and time people put into writing, animation and recording for the series it would be a dick move by me to not spend money for it if I can. Its kinda one of the reasons we dont see as much over here.

Kinda reluctant to watch the dub as the voice actor for Luffy sounds....very very very annoying. Also, One Piece will probably never be as awesome as this:

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Ive not even started it. Could watch it online (might watch 1 or 2 to gauge it), but if I can get em on DVD I will. All the effort and time people put into writing, animation and recording for the series it would be a dick move by me to not spend money for it if I can. Its kinda one of the reasons we dont see as much over here.

Kinda reluctant to watch the dub as the voice actor for Luffy sounds....very very very annoying. Also, One Piece will probably never be as awesome as this:

Yh but the chinease one is soo cheesy lol
    Probably because I watched too many dubbed ones so I am used to them

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

Massive fan here, I really love me some one piece, I read the manga and japanese episodes at the pace they come out. I highly recommend it to anyone, even if your intimidated by the sheer length of it, it simply gets better and better with each arc that passes!

Massive fan here, I really love me some one piece, I read the manga and japanese episodes at the pace they come out. I highly recommend it to anyone, even if your intimidated by the sheer length of it, it simply gets better and better with each arc that passes!

Arn't you a fan of the english dub?? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Saotome

Thumbs up! If you need entertainment this would be it! I think its running on 400 episodes now and the story line is very strong compared to other animes. I prefer the japanese dub since its way funnier and natural...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

i wanted to get into other manga stuff after reading deathnote and seen a youtuber by the name of codeprovider book collection to see whats good and what not.

he is a one piece fan so before jumping in on the manga i decided to give the anime a go first and boy was i hooked from the very start. I watched 50 episodes in like 3 days. i currently have volumes 1-5 59,63,64,65. gonna take awhile to catch up with the books but i will be buying the dvds when they are coming out

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭xxpopopxx

Don't know why anyone would submit themselves to watching the dub, it's quite simply horrific and makes the anime a joke. However I would highly recommended giving the japanese ver with subs a go ! This has to be hands down one of my fav animes! Don't let the number of episodes intimidate you ! Each arc is really exciting and tbh I don't think they were many filler arcs, and even if they were I think they never really lasted more than 5-7 eps. Do give it a try you'll be hooked !

xxpopopxx wrote: »
    Don't know why anyone would submit themselves to watching the dub, it's quite simply horrific and makes the anime a joke. However I would highly recommended giving the japanese ver with subs a go ! This has to be hands down one of my fav animes! Don't let the number of episodes intimidate you ! Each arc is really exciting and tbh I don't think they were many filler arcs, and even if they were I think they never really lasted more than 5-7 eps. Do give it a try you'll be hooked !

Yeah I know but like one you have watched 250 episodes already then you get used to the characters voice so much and get annoyed with a different language you may as well continue watching dub

• Registered Users Posts: 13 marrkarnell

Watched One Piece when I was a child, and now, I can't recall even the name of the charactersssssss!

Advertisement