Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dundalk stabbing.

Options
  • 31-03-2013 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51,926 ✭✭✭✭

It is a shame that someone could be stabbed several times in broad daylight on a Dundalk street by a gang of young thugs. What gives these young people the right to carry and use knives. There are laws against that.

No matter what they think this man did they have no right to stab him. I hope they are caught and dealt with and not just given a slap on the wrist.

The usual " i had drink taken at the time" should not be used as an excuse for such serious violence.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Sound of Silence

Here's a link for anyone interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

As a recent victim of a knife crime in our fair town, drink isn't a factor. Seems to be the way some people are bred as sickening as it is. Hope this fella comes out of this okay. Wounds will heal, the hard bit will be getting his head right!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Hope the guy is ok, I was around town at the time with the dog.

The youth problem in this town and others is getting worse. Would they really just randomly stab this guy like? There has to be something behind it..:/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Unfortunately this seems to be a growing trend with youths all around the place. They are just fearless of the law, and why wouldnt they? The social system lets the good law-abiding citizen down too many times.
    Reminds me of when the lads in Drogheda killed the guy who told them to move away from his business premises.

Hope the man makes a full recovery.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,926 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

CMpunked wrote: »
    Unfortunately this seems to be a growing trend with youths all around the place. They are just fearless of the law, and why wouldnt they? The social system lets the good law-abiding citizen down too many times.
    Reminds me of when the lads in Drogheda killed the guy who told them to move away from his business premises.

I read somewhere that there was a mandatory sentence of 5 years for anyone caught with a knife.
    It's time the judges gave the appropriate sentences in our courts and made examples of lads like this.

• Advertisement

CMpunked wrote: »

It reminds me of the man who was walking home from the Cuchailinn(sp?) a few years back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Dunny wrote: »
    It reminds me of the man who was walking home from the Cuchailinn(sp?) a few years back.

That case is back in the CC of appeal.Maybe least said etc...
    It took place in the same area alright.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/louth-man-to-appeal-conviction-for-christmas-eve-murder-584426.html

Heard who it was. Still in critical condition.

I read somewhere that there was a mandatory sentence of 5 years for anyone caught with a knife.
    It's time the judges gave the appropriate sentences in our courts and made examples of lads like this.

Haha, I know a fella that was caught with a knife on three separate occasions. On the third time, he was sent to Mountjoy and the family informed he was being imprisoned indefinitely.

This was about 3pm. They were sick with worry. He walked into the house at 11.30pm that night. He was in Mountjoy and let go, and was given €50 to get himself home. Bus home didn't cost nearly that much, so he actually made money out of it. :rolleyes:

Only for I know it's a true story I wouldn't believe it myself. :mad:

The Gardaí are a great bunch, and any dealings I've ever had with them have been positive. It's the judicial system that is to blame for these stories. I can't remember the last time I heard of a hefty sentence being imposed on someone for committing assault or theft in Ireland.

Advertisement