Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Need an NCPS Clamp removed

Options
  • 31-03-2013 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Got clamped in Northwood, Santry by NCPS it is a 120 euro clamping fee and would prefer to make a stand against illegally private clamping.

Is anyone willing and able to remove the clamp, I will happily give 40 euro to someone who can do it today. I will also make a donation to charity.

Tks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

I already love this thread.

Hope ya get someone to help you out OP :)

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭corkonion

I don't know how to remove one, nor would I do it if I did. However to offer someone €40 to spend a number of hours removing a clamp from your car on Easter Sundsy is very generous

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Angle Grinder - Cut Chain - Job Done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

just as well NCPS never come on Boards or they'd be there waiting for you :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

corktina wrote: »
    just as well NCPS never come on Boards or they'd be there waiting for you :-)

Oh they do :)

OP spend the €40 on a big bolt cutters and job done

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭corkonion

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    Angle Grinder - Cut Chain - Job Done
    While its not illegal to remove a clamp, it is illegal to damage one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

corkonion wrote: »
    I don't know how to remove one, nor would I do it if I did. However to offer someone €40 to spend a number of hours removing a clamp from your car on Easter Sundsy is very generous

It's a rip off your paying somebody to take the blame. Nice wan. Man up and cut it yerself or pay up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,976 ✭✭✭kirving

corkonion wrote: »
    While its not illegal to remove a clamp, it is illegal to damage one.

It's also illegal to interfere with someone's car. Noone will be going to court over a broken chainlink.

OP, find a friend with a bolt cutters or grinder and do it yourself. Buying one today could be difficult.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Call NCPS and ask them to remove the clamp.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Kingkong

The clamps use harden steel, bolts cutters wont work.

In order to get it of you need a heavy duty angle grinder.

Just looking for an Irish equivalent!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/3112670.stm

For those who post telling me to pay and ring NCPS read this page 30:

http://www.lawsociety.ie/Documents/Gazette/Gazette%202011/march2011.pdf

P.S: Just because someone fines you doesn't mean they can, the law works both ways.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

I'm pretty sure we all know by now that the private clampers are considered to be operating outside the law.

If everybody obeyed the parking rules, they wouldn't be necessary now would they?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Kingkong wrote: »
    Hi,

Got clamped in Northwood, Santry by NCPS it is a 120 euro clamping fee and would prefer to make a stand against illegally private clamping.

Is anyone willing and able to remove the clamp, I will happily give 40 euro to someone who can do it today. I will also make a donation to charity.

Tks

It's not really making a stand now is it? It's trying to get out of a fine. Making a stand would be going round removing clamps off lots of strangers who had them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Would I be right in saying that NCPS can charge you for criminal damage if you just cut it off with an angle grinder because it's their property? That's why OP is looking for someone to do it the proper way so he can return it undamaged to the crooks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Would I be right in saying that NCPS can charge you for criminal damage if you just cut it off with an angle grinder because it's their property? That's why OP is looking for someone to do it the proper way so he can return it undamaged to the crooks.

I actually have a chain the same spec as the NCPS stuff in the boot of my car.If their chain happens to be damaged during the removal of the clamp,i'll happily replace it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

A 42" bolt cutters will get through the NCPS lock easily, I know this from experience :-D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭barura

Get lawer, sue NCPS. That would be much more prominent at making a stand. Asking someone to break the law on your behalf is such a childish way to sort out your problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Better yet clamp an ncps van right at a set of traffic lights. No more illegal than them clamping you. Pull in at the next junction and get your camcorder out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

So how did you get clamped OP? Was it unjust or did you break some parking rules on private property? Please be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Dr Nic

So ah whats the law sutyation here?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

So how did you get clamped OP? Was it unjust or did you break some parking rules on private property? Please be honest.

Exactly, are you cutting off the clamp because you got caught and "your not paying that crowd" etc etc or were you genuinely clamped incorrectly?

• Advertisement

barura wrote: »
    Get lawer, sue NCPS. That would be much more prominent at making a stand. Asking someone to break the law on your behalf is such a childish way to sort out your problem.

How is he breaking the law by simply removing a nuisance clamp instead of paying €120 to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭barura

How is he breaking the law by simply removing a nuisance clamp instead of paying €120 to them.
    It was shown in other threads on this subject that doing damage to the clamp is actually material damage to NCPS, or something along those lines. Plenty of videos on youtube of people who remove there suspension components to remove the clamp without damaging the NCPS property.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Getting clamped by an unlicensed authority. Doesn't matter how it happened they have no authority. The sooner they jail the owners of these companies the better. What they are doing is nothing short of criminal.

Getting clamped by an unlicensed authority. Doesn't matter how it happened they have no authority. The sooner they jail the owners of these companies the better. What they are doing is nothing short of criminal.

People just accept getting clamped and pay because the majority think they are authorised. Its scandalous intimidation.

Okay - This thread was not started to open a debate on clamping and had a simple request.

The law is clear private clamping is illegal and by extension removing it from a my property is legal allowed. If someone put a chain on your bicycle or even your house surely you have every right to remove it in order to access your own property.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

Kingkong wrote: »
    Okay - This thread was not started to open a debate on clamping and had a simple request.

The law is clear private clamping is illegal and by extension removing it from a my property is legal allowed. If someone put a chain on your bicycle or even your house surely you have every right to remove it in order to access your own property.

Well did ye remove it or what?...I would have dropped up to you with my snips only I left the car in work

Just got it removed now by ncps, couldnt get it off as hadn't the tools to unblot the wishbone and didnt have snips!

Very annoyed, just back from hols and had been using the under ground for months in an unused space that I was told I could use.

Really want to invest in snips now, never payin it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

I'm delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

well that was a disappointing end to your battle

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement