Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teenage employment

Options
  • 31-03-2013 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Im going 16 in a few months and im wondering if anybody has any recommendations to places that would hire a 16 year old. I have no work experience but starting in september ill be doing voluntary work and work experience (in transition year). If anybody knows any places (probably retail or fast food or something) that are open to employing teens that would be great thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Part-time/weekend work or are you thinking of giving up school (which would be a very bad idea).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

This topic comes up a lot. Use the search to find lots of excellent advice. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ChloeSapienza

smcgiff - No definitely not leaving school haha, i mean for at the weekends or after school hours (ill have a lot less school hours next year because of TY)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭shane9689

leave the fast food places as a last resort, tesco and dunnes etc.. as a second last resort. try everywhere else first, ssee what comes up then turn to dunnes and macdonalds (theyll definitely hire you if they have space) having worked in supermacs, its not a difficult job but i can tell you that the pay is **** and its really unrewarding work. but try everywhere

Advertisement