Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disabling Firewall on Cisco EPC2425 for VLC on iPad

Options
  • 31-03-2013 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭

Edit: I got it disabled with my laptop, I had just been using the iPad. The VLC app still won't let me view files though, anyone know how to setup the app with a network drive?

Hi there,

I'm trying to setup the VLC app for iPad to use with my networked drive. When I enter the i.p address my drive appears but I can't view any files, the app says this is usually an issue with the firewall on the router. I'm trying to disable this but the password that's given for UPC's Cisco EPC2425 router doesn't seem to work.

I'm presuming this option will be in the advanced tab but the username: admin and password: w2402 doesn't seem to work, I've tried uppercase also.

Anyone have any ideas how to disable this firewall?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

The firewall on the router only affects traffic from the internet on the wan port, it does not affect Lan traffic. Disabling it would be a stupid idea, it would allow the network drive and al your other devices to be visible (and deletable) from the web. Then you've also disabled the firewall on your pc :eek:

Advertisement