Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cci stinger .22lr

Options
  • 31-03-2013 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭

has anyone tried them cci stinger rounds?
    are they any good compared to the Velocitor?
    i no the Velocitor has more stopping power after 50 yards
    but what are the stingers good for?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Have used (and keep a couple of boxes) of the Stingers. Never tried the Velocitor's. Also used the Remington Yellow Jackets.

The are all Super sonic rounds for the .22lr. Not as accurate as the subs, but have better range. Nice crack out of them too.

Very little between the two in terms of performance, and zero. For y rifle i think they are a little too fast for the twist rate, but as said i don't use them regularly. Anything over 130 yards or so i'd use the C/F.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭One shot on kill

There all I use I love them I'm using them a few years and to be honest I think bad if useing anything else. On a good day I can get a 5 shot group touching at 50 yards and group maybe 1 inch at a 100 yards but that infairness is on a really good day.

I tried the yellow jackets and didn't really like them to much. I just think the cci stinger work well out of my cz.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭mister gullible

I used stingers out of a voere rifle a few years ago and it didn't like them at all. Very poor accuracy. My nephew has used stingers and velociters and reckons the velociters are a great round. Seems to be a bit hard to buy velociters in some areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

They are like a laser beam out of my rifle great round.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭duckman!!

Seems to be a bit hard to buy velociters in some areas.

in galway its easy to get the velociters, hard to get the stingers!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭duckman!!

I just think the cci stinger work well out of my cz.

well i heard people say some guns have trouble shooting and recycling the stingers because they have a slightly bigger case.

just look at the picture!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,105 ✭✭✭Mech1

Stingers outta my CZ 452 / Anschutz 1710 where pure rubbish even when benchrested. Dinner plate size groups. Same rifles placed very regularly in National / club competitions using Lapua master.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭EWQuinn

I have no idea what your application is, but I have settled on CCI Mini Mags, in my case 36gr copper plated 1260 fps. I think they also make a 40 gr load. They have better uniformity and markedly improved accuracy over others I have tried, and a good price (normally). The high vel rounds are prob going to be more finicky w/ some guns, they are with mine.

Advertisement