Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Licence Renewal-Postage Issue

Options
  • 31-03-2013 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭

My renewal licence was sent to my former employers.Has this happened to anyone else???Bizarre

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

did you put anybody there as a character reference?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭CZ 453

No.Do they send your renewal to your character references?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

The FCR form?

Sounds like a mistake in the postal address you put down or they had for you. I would contact your FO, and ask him/her to check on PULSE what address they have for you. This is important as it pertains to your licenses, security, etc. So if the address is wrong it needs fixing.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Cass wrote: »
    The FCR form?

Sounds like a mistake in the postal address you put down or they had for you. I would contact your FO, and ask him/her to check on PULSE what address they have for you. This is important as it pertains to your licenses, security, etc. So if the address is wrong it needs fixing.

Definitely their end. I had the FO call to check out my safe and it wasn't at my former employers :D. Can the FO rectify this boo boo?Or will the renewal form do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

shezer wrote: »
    Definitely their end. I had the FO call to check out my safe and it wasn't at my former employers :D. Can the FO rectify this boo boo?Or will the renewal form do it?

The renewal should do it for you, in my new address 2 years now, and still a boo boo in posting out renewals

• Advertisement

Did you contact your FO to confirm this? We can all be 100% sure we done our end right, and you most likely did, but that does not mean the information was transferred onto PULSE correctly.

You can do three things;
    1. Contact/go to your FO, and have him manually change the address.
    2. Send in an FCA2 amendment form with your address on it. (not really great as you have not moved so you are not notifying them them of an error/change).
    3. Fill out the FCR, and make sure the address is correct. Include an extra information page with the details of the fCR being sent to your employer.

Number three is the better (possibly only) option. This would be a serious enough breach of security in that someone that is not you is receiving personal information regarding your address, name, age, doctor, and more importantly that fact you have firearms.

Has this happened before or have you changed address recently that would cause them to make a mistake?
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Cass wrote: »
    Did you contact your FO to confirm this? We can all be 100% sure we done our end right, and you most likely did, but that does not mean the information was transferred onto PULSE correctly.

You can do three things;
    1. Contact/go to your FO, and have him manually change the address.
    2. Send in an FCA2 amendment form with your address on it. (not really great as you have not moved so you are not notifying them them of an error/change).
    3. Fill out the FCR, and make sure the address is correct. Include an extra information page with the details of the fCR being sent to your employer.

Number three is the better (possibly only) option. This would be a serious enough breach of security in that someone that is not you is receiving personal information regarding your address, name, age, doctor, and more importantly that fact you have firearms.

Has this happened before or have you changed address recently that would cause them to make a mistake?

No change of address for me.Previous years certs were sent to my home address.No problems before.Very strange.

Send in your FCR as normal, but i would be calling the FO immediately (if not sooner).

This is a serious issue. What happens if it gets sent to someone else you don't know or trust. I know for a fact none of us want so much of our personal info "floating" around out there.

Guys am I right in saying that there is no space to enter your employer or employers address in the current application or the older ones?

IIRC, no.

They only ask for your employment status/job title.

• Advertisement
Advertisement