Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WRH now a cork outpost

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭mccarthy37

voted FF all your life??? Even during the haughey, ahern, burke, lawlor, flynn antics??? CORRUPT, CORRUPT, CORRUPT!!

You forgot to give Michael Lowry a mention wasn't he from the same era.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

mccarthy37 wrote: »

His era is still here and no one in government is doing anything about it, in fact the silence is deafening.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Has this been confirmed? Did anybody ask WLR to confirm they said such on a broadcast or did they point out where the information came from? Nobody is working in government buildings today and it seems a bit odd that an announcement would have came out when the cabinet are on a break.

Sully wrote: »
    Has this been confirmed? Did anybody ask WLR to confirm they said such on a broadcast or did they point out where the information came from? Nobody is working in government buildings today and it seems a bit odd that an announcement would have came out when the cabinet are on a break.

Bloody hell Sully, the FG led government has made a decision on WRH and they did not let Sully and the grassroots know :eek:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Bloody hell Sully, the FG led government has made a decision on WRH and they did not let Sully and the grassroots know :eek:

I don't get told anything :)

• Advertisement

I don't get told anything :)

And when we get told something its Lies :P

We will have to wait to see if there is any truth in this Sully, although it looks like another one of thoses leaks the government seem to like, to see what the reation is or to lessen the full blow.

And when we get told something its Lies :P

We will have to wait to see if there is any truth in this Sully, although it looks like another one of thoses leaks the government seem to like, to see what the reation is or to lessen the full blow.

But a leak on Easter? And why leak it twice when the first reaction saw thousands out protesting - its not like everybody has decided "Arah, tis grand lads. Go ahead with that. We were only messing!".

But a leak on Easter? And why leak it twice when the first reaction saw thousands out protesting - its not like everybody has decided "Arah, tis grand lads. Go ahead with that. We were only messing!".

God only knows Sully, we will have to wait and see. If there is something in it, would your local organisation not make a couple of calls to find out if this is true?

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Smiley Burnett

1--lowry was gone from cabinet within 24 hours of being exposed by the Indo..he was then removed from fg and prevented from running in the next election for fg

2--haughey was around for decades and was adored by the FF, despite what they knew about him...he was Taoiseach on 5 occassions!!

3--Following lowry's exposure as a crook, FG went all out to win back a seat in what was a 3-seat constituency in North Tipp...

to compare fg's attitude and treatment of lowry, to FF's hero-worshipping of haughey and ahern is laughable to say the least!!

Seamus Ryan (Labour Councillor) had his workers out delivering leaflets door to door today, leaflet saying what a great job he is doing for Waterford etc etc.

• Advertisement

God only knows Sully, we will have to wait and see. If there is something in it, would your local organisation not make a couple of calls to find out if this is true?

Ill ask tomorrow if I don't hear anything and see if someone can tell me.

Ill ask tomorrow if I don't hear anything and see if someone can tell me.

Nice one Sully

Seamus Ryan (Labour Councillor) had his workers out delivering leaflets door to door today, leaflet saying what a great job he is doing for Waterford etc etc.

IS this an April fool's joke.

IS this an April fool's joke.

Worth nothing he is a Councillor - NOT a TD. So he has no power as to what the government do.

I assume his leaflet is on local issues not impacted by national policies. That is, after all, their job.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭fuzzy dunlop

1--lowry was gone from cabinet within 24 hours of being exposed by the Indo..he was then removed from fg and prevented from running in the next election for fg

No he wasn't. Micahel Clifford put paid to this lie in his book scandal nation.In fact senior figures in FG well knew it was lowry who the newspapers were referring to before they ebven mentioned him by name. The fact is FG removed him only as a PR exercise.

2--haughey was around for decades and was adored by the FF, despite what they knew about him...he was Taoiseach on 5 occassions!!

Despite what who knew about him? Journalists might have suspected o. Other politicos may have known. The voters didn't that is why he was elected five times. And the fact is if Lowry wasn't caught Haughey might not have been either.
    3--Following lowry's exposure as a crook, FG went all out to win back a seat in what was a 3-seat constituency in North Tipp...

Hold the f^%cking phone. Political party tries to win a seat.

to compare fg's attitude and treatment of lowry, to FF's hero-worshipping of haughey and ahern is laughable to say the least!!

The "Good Honest Party" BS doesn't wash any more Smiley. Lowry still has close personal relationships within FG the best known being Phil Hogan.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/politics/hogan-lowry-met-after-moriarty-findings-189496.html

Also lets not forget that the beneficiary and of Lowrys corruption Dennis O'Brien and financial contributor to FG is still able to fratenize with none other than Enda Kenny himself.

http://www.irishtimes.com/debate/deafening-fg-silence-on-o-brien-is-no-surprise-1.499353

This is the same man who now is the biggest shareholder in the Irish Independent print and broadcast media. So the fact is a case can easily be made that Lowrys corruption has had much more far reaching consequences than FF corruption. Which FG is not distant enough from to be preaching to anybody. So try and remember that next time you come on here trying to denigrate protestors who unlike FG are actually genuinly working for the betterment of Waterford

Jesus christ can we leave the politics out? Lowry has absolutely nothing to do with Waterford and has no impact on WRH.

Jesus christ can we leave the politics out? Lowry has absolutely nothing to do with Waterford and has no impact on WRH.

Its a political issue and it has nothing to do with Haughey either. But I noticed you didn't mind Smiley Burnett bringing that up and putting it out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Am Chile

Im not surprised seamus might be doing the rounds with labour leaflets about how good labour claim to be doing-having read his recent blog-he appears to have the jitters about what happened to labour in the bye election recently.
    Events of the last few days have prompted me to put this post together regarding the current situation in which the Labour Party finds itself. The result in last weeks bye election and today's further dismal showing in the Sunday Times Poll for the Labour Party came as no surprise to me or indeed to many Labour Party members and supporters that I have spoken to in Waterford and around the country since . The first thing I should say is that Cllr Eoin Holmes was a fine candidate that deserved better but was always going to suffer the backlash from the electorate in Meath East. This result should serve as a wake up call to the Party and in particular to our parliamentary party who continue to support policies of austerity. These policies are hitting those on middle and low incomes to a greater extent than those on higher incomes. Broken promises and complete arrogance shown by some of our Ministers have contributed to the the Party reaching this new low. Broken promises along with the introduction of a property Tax which does not take ability to pay into account are all having a detrimental effect on the lives of ordinary families the length and breadth of this country. All of this along with the failure to deliver on the jobs crisis in any substantial way has resulted in the current crisis in the fortunes of the Party. And crisis is what it is despite what some who seem to be blind to our problems.

In my opinion the Labour Party should undertake a renegotiation of the Programme for Government with Fine Gael with coupled with a cabinet reshuffle. This renegotiation must put greater emphasis on Labour Party policies and must put people first. The Party Leader needs to take on an economic Minister where he can be at the centre of the economic recovery rather than his current position in Foreign Affairs which takes him out of the country for long periods. But more than that there needs to be a change in the direction of the Party and of the government . It is all very well talking about the need for the austerity but surely we must put the welfare of people and community at the centre of any government decision that is taken. This is something that seems to have been relegated and put on the back burner by this government. The policies of austerity are just not working. We can't keep reducing disposable income of people and then wonder why shops are closing or businesses are going under. People are hurting at the moment and are looking for leadership and with change I believe the Labour Party can still provide this.

In the comments section when replying to peoples comments to his post-one comment from seamus which says a lot in terms of labour are feeling the heat and under pressure.
    @Noel I agree completely with you. We will take a huge hit electorally if there is not a change in direction

http://seamusryan.blogspot.ie/2013/03/labour-party-time-for-change.html

Worth nothing he is a Councillor - NOT a TD. So he has no power as to what the government do.

Same as Paudie Coffey then.

I assume his leaflet is on local issues not impacted by national policies. That is, after all, their job.

He frequently comments on national issues.As is the case with most local politicians whatever party.

Jesus christ can we leave the politics out? Lowry has absolutely nothing to do with Waterford FG and has no impact influence on WRH government policy.

Sorry Sully, could not resist :D

• Advertisement

By the way Labour have historically had a strong presence in Meath, especially in towns such as Navan and Kells, on the old system is was always 2 FF, 2 FG and 1 LAB. Something for the labour party in Waterford to consider as I think they could lose their seat here the next time

Its a political issue and it has nothing to do with Haughey either. But I noticed you didn't mind Smiley Burnett bringing that up and putting it out there.

I'm not asking you to take down your reply. I'm not even moderating. I'm asking politely that we try keep things on track if we can. Smiley had his say, you fired back with your contradictions. If I was trying to benefit Smiley I would have stopped you from replying. I thought this would be the best time - both had their say - to ask for a stop. Take it to Pm or the Politics Forum and post a link here if you wish.

I'm not moderating this thread.
    Same as Paudie Coffey then.

More power than Seamus Ryan to be fair, but that says more about our political system.
    He frequently comments on national issues.As is the case with most local politicians whatever party.

I don't know the content of his leaflet but people should vote for local candidates they feel are working on local issues. If Seamus Ryan and Labour are doing usual locally, fine. If they are doing fantastic, fine. I'm only posting for clarity in case people associate Seamus as a TD.

Don't think Bobby Fitzgerald former Labour Councillor of Carrick on Suir would agree that anything Labour are doing now is worth boasting about. A lot of people criticized Bobby for resigning his seat also but to be fair to the man he said he won his seat as a member of the Labour Party and he intends to go as an Independent candidate at the next election.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

sull, it was in the sunday times anyway. is the sunday times 100% i dont know.

If this happens it is a massive issue and will lead to reduced services in WRH, people moved to Cork and WRH, no matter what the spin says, being downgraded and becoming a 2nd tier hospital. Paudie said when first march was on that he may have to reconsider his position if downgraded. We will all at some stage of our life be probably travelling down to cork to see a loved one or for a procedure that used to be in WRH and now is in Cork, Dublin, Galway, Limerick.

Right, so the Sunday Times - an English newspaper - supposedly has the 'leak' before the Irish Media? You must be joking.

The article is a rehash of articles that have appeared in the Irish Media ages ago. Its not saying concretely that it will happen as it says that James Reilly has to go to Cabinet 'late next month'.

Whats new? Nothing. There isn't anything in the start of the article that we see that is new.

Christ almighty talk about scaremongering.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭7upfree

As opposed to dismantling. FG/Lab strike again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭tankbarry

www.directdemocracy.ie this party is in its early stages it has already beating Labour in the meath bye-elections. All I ask is have a read of website.

After all Direct Democracy is the power all people of Ireland should have. Have a say on what actually happens

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭Chiparus

Right, so the Sunday Times - an English newspaper - supposedly has the 'leak' before the Irish Media? You must be joking.

The article is a rehash of articles that have appeared in the Irish Media ages ago. Its not saying concretely that it will happen as it says that James Reilly has to go to Cabinet 'late next month'.

Whats new? Nothing. There isn't anything in the start of the article that we see that is new.

The Article was written by the very English sounding "Stephen O'Brien".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Well, it looks like we will have more trips to Cork over our lifetime as WRH does become an outpost of WRH, services for now have been temporarily saved and a new sign out front, down the next few years Cork and other regional hospitals will consolidate, cherry pick staff and move services to their back yard. FG/Lab (i dont like using this term but its accurate) raping Waterford, disgraceful and shame on the 3 TDs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭decies

Don't be melodramatic and use that word in any context except where it should be used !!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement