Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

electric shower

Options
  • 31-03-2013 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭

hi all

Electric shower has been out of action for last while as it was only spraying extreme cold or boiling water. Thought it needed replacing but heard it might just be limescale so took off showerhead and descaled it and cleaned filter inside unit. Seemed to do the trick ok but shower tripped when my wife used it yesterday. Looked inside and saw water on top of a part of it (heater can) Its a triton t90si. Presume this is not good, maybe very dangerous for all i know. Will attach a picture, can't really see water in photo but its there alright. Does anyone know if i need a new shower or could an electrician fix this?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Mr.Fred

Are you sure you tightened the filter screw after you cleaned it.

I'd be willing to guess that there is a hole in the tank somewhere that had been clogged up with limescale and when you used your descaler it opened up again. Might just be a case of getting a new tank. I'm not sure what sort of money they run at.

either way don't use the shower till you get it sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ShowerMan

Element gone replace it as long as the pump has a good bit of life left in it . If not a T90z is the way to go. A new element is about 140 fitted . This is a common problem with these old style elements the new one has a piece of brass shaped instead of screws.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 am23843

I have a triton T90xr and want to replace it with a mira shower. Does anyone know if fitting are the same,, not replacing with another triton. Thanks.....

Advertisement