Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit union loan question

Options
  • 31-03-2013 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭

How are the credit union for loans ? Car loans , personal loans etc ? I'm considering asking them for a car Loan . Do I have to have a certain amount of savings with them to be eligible for a Loan ? Or can I just prove that I can make repayments ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭optimus1

You would need both for a strong application

• Registered Users Posts: 3,262 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

They have tightened up a lot over the last few years, if you don't have an account, open one and start throwing some money into it on a weekly basis, they will need to see a savings history with them before giving you a loan

They will more than likely do a credit check on you & look for bank & credit card statements & pay slips before approving a loan also

The amount of shares (savings) you have with them will directly relate to the amount they will lend you although the longer you have been a member with a good record, in my experience, they become more flexible

Advertisement