Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shops West side of city open today?

Options
  • 31-03-2013 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭

Have extra company for dinner and need a few more bits and pieces. Anything open on the West side of town? Small shops fine, garage probably too. I know all the Dunnes are closed today and Aldi closes in a few mins (if it was ever open) thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Pretty sure Tesco's won't be closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

Arch motors is open. And the Centra in newcastle.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Pretty sure Tesco's won't be closed.

Thanks, was hoping for somewhere closer to Knocknacarra/Rahoon/Westside, as someone will be passing that way on foot.

Arch motors is open. And the Centra in newcastle.

Thanks. None of the small shops then? The Daybreak on the Rahoon Road or the little one in Shantalla. My shopping list gets longer when I think of it!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

inisboffin wrote: »
    Thanks. None of the small shops then? The Daybreak on the Rahoon Road or the little one in Shantalla. My shopping list gets longer when I think of it!:(

Not sure about the shops out that side sorry.

• Advertisement

Ah sure we won't starve :)
    Thanks everyone.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Joyces maybe?

Joyces maybe?

He's walking from down near Aldi, so he might just pop in to the garage en route, thanks though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Joyces are definitely open!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

inisboffin wrote: »

Where is The Daybreak on Rahoon Road?
    I've never spotted any shop there...apart from Cookes in Shantalla.
    No... I googled, and it's Old Rahoon Rd... so I have an idea where you mean :)

• Advertisement

Where is The Daybreak on Rahoon Road?
    I've never spotted any shop there...apart from Cookes in Shantalla.
    No... I googled, and it's Old Rahoon Rd... so I have an idea where you mean :)

Yeah, in to the right there after the graveyard. In (I think) Rosan Glas.
    Arch Motors did the trick, thanks everyone. For some reason I thought it was much smaller, but got the extra essentials and some impulse buys. :)

Advertisement