Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

credit checks in canada?

Options
  • 31-03-2013 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭

Is this a big thing over in canada? how do you go about geting started with a credit check? is it needed for a mortgage and buying a car etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭againstthetide

zweton wrote: »
    Is this a big thing over in canada? how do you go about geting started with a credit check? is it needed for a mortgage and buying a car etc.

You just need to build a credit history.
    You are starting from scratch so stay small with a store card and use that and then work your easy up to credit cards. Make some minimum payments to increase you're credit rating before you stay paying the balance in full

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

It's handy enough to build up a credit history here. Get a bill phone, a credit card and your usual utilities etc in your name. It's tricky to get a decent sized car loan or anything over here as a non PR - I had to get my father in law to go co-signee when I was buying my car last year. In my 4th year now and have a "good" credit rating, but tbh it's easier to get it built up quicker than I did - I tend to not use lines of credit

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

Are you enjoying it over there, how do u find the Canadians?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Well, I'm married to one so I suppose they're alright :P

Nah they're a grand bunch really. I keep myself to myself though, so I wouldn't really be the person to ask

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭rusheen

zweton wrote: »
    Are you enjoying it over there, how do u find the Canadians?

I think theres a thread somewhere in this forum ,called differences between ireland and canada . It should answer alot for you.

Canada's a very diverse country . In my opinion it's governed very well and a fair country . If your willing to work hard theres a great future to be had here .

Be open minded , try to mix as much as you can with the locals it makes intergrating much easier :)
    I cant wait to get PR here:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement