Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbridge Earrings

Options
  • 31-03-2013 7:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭

My sister bought my mam a pair of newbridge earrings for Mother's Day. She showed them to my dad on the day and he noticed that they were different

My sister returned them to wear she bought them and they sent them to back to newbridge- collected them off the shop yesterday and was told apparently its the style to have one bigger than the other and its how they are made.

Attached is the picture from the guide. Gives measurements in the guide also- which to me would mean that both earrings should be the same size/shape.

They won't refund my sister because they are not faulty because its the "style".

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Contact Newbridge directly by phone - they are excellent to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I found Newbridge great for customers to deal with but crap for the retailer to deal with. Give them a call:

Contact Us
    Newbridge Silverware
    Newbridge,
    Co.Kildare,
    Ireland.
    Tel. (+353-45) 431301
    Fax. (+353-45) 432759
    info@newbridgesilverware.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

Thanks guys- I think my sister is going to pop in.

She just wants her money back because my Mam isn't going to be happy wearing them because they look different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

Newbridge won't be able to give you a refund. Your contract is with the retailer and retailer only.

Out of goodwill Newbridge may exchange the earings - but do not expect a refund by Newbridge of any form whatsoever.

Similarly, the retailer you bought them from can exchange the earings to a similar pair that are same size unless they can show in a catalogue that they are meant to be different - then out of goodwill they may change / give refund - but they are not obliged to.

If you go in thinking you have rights you don;t have /or try to agrue / get heated about it, expect nothing whatsoever to be done. Always be courteous, pleasant and suggest that you could be a regular customer - this works almost everytime. Good Manners and politeness cost nothing and give for great rewards.

Advertisement