Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price my bike please!

Options
  • 31-03-2013 7:17pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 405 ✭✭

Please move if this should be in the adverts section or something...

I'm getting a new bike on the BikeToWork scheme while I have the chance so I'm looking to sell my Olmo racing bike. Have no idea how much it'd be worth though.
    It's from around 1999/2000, an Olmo Impact. 7005 Alu tubing. Campag Veloce but I replaced the rear derailleur, crank-set, sprocket a little over two years ago (cost me €180 iirc) and those are now Campag Xenon/Athena parts. Mavic Open-Pro wheels.

It ain't cutting edge technology and it looks a little beat-up but it was never crashed or raced and never used for anything other than commuting and the occasional cycle from town to Dalkey etc., it'll get the average commuter from A to B faster than most other people. I'm no kind of a cyclist anymore but I pass people out on the road rather than the other way around.

A few hundred quid perhaps? 2?

Any suggestions welcome before I put it before the vultures on adverts....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭happytramp

How about some pictures? I'd say put it up for €300, take €250 for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

What condition is the frame in? Any bumps or bruises? If it looked good, you might get 4. Its a seller's market these days!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 405 ✭✭Econoline Van

The frame is in good nick. A few scrapes from it falling over a few times is about it. Sure I'll try for 4 and see how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭catrat12

just wondering I have this retro bike its a Orange Vitamin T think from 1993 its a titanium frame it was expensive at time just wondering if still holds any value

thanx

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

catrat12 wrote: »
    just wondering I have this retro bike its a Orange Vitamin T think from 1993 its a titanium frame it was expensive at time just wondering if still holds any value

thanx

I'd pop that up on Adverts section first

• Advertisement

Just want to see is it worth anything before i even consider selling do i need to put it up in adverts section?

Just want to see is it worth anything before i even consider selling do i need to put it up in adverts section?

Looks like the forks are shot, and it's about 20+ years old, so maybe around €100?

Really that all even though its such a light titanium frame
    Fair play to you telling all that from that pic you must know your stuff thank you for the reply i will hold onto it so

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Tenzor07 definitely knows his/her stuff as regards MTBs but I would still say you'd get a little more due to titanium frame, Orange name and retro style - €200 max I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭timmyjimmy

what size is the orange frame?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭hesker

Have no idea what it's worth but you could ask on retrobike.co.uk

I wouldn't mind taking it off your hands depending on price.

Say I will hold onto it from the feedback

Say I will hold onto it from the feedback

Not sure if you're mechanically minded or not, but if so then maybe look into restoring the bike?
    Repair the forks, replace worn cables/chain, headset bearings etc.

Few places around online where you can source retro tyres, mechs etc...

Would be worth a lot more money to the right buyer in good condition:

file.php?id=278059

Yeah I will give it a go sure
    Tenzor07 wrote: »
    Not sure if you're mechanically minded or not, but if so then maybe look into restoring the bike?
    Repair the forks, replace worn cables/chain, headset bearings etc.

Few places around online where you can source retro tyres, mechs etc...

Would be worth a lot more money to the right buyer in good condition:

file.php?id=278059

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭outfox

So in this forum we have Econoline Van, Ford 2600, and Mustang '68.
    Lotta Ford fans out there!

Advertisement