Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent Relief Time Scale

Options
  • 31-03-2013 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

Hi.

Does anyone know how long after I apply for rent relief will it be paid by Revenue into my account?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,369 ✭✭✭✭Victor

rb25 wrote: »
    Does anyone know how long after I apply for rent relief will it be paid by Revenue into my account?

If you mean the tax credit for people who pay rent on a residence. You have to have been renting since before, I think, 2010. To claim for previous years, you may need to make a tax return. Once this is submitter, you would normally be dealt with within weeks.

To claim for the current year, you need to have your tax credits adjusted. This would mean that you would get the credit up to now repaid by your employer and the rest of the tax reduction spread over the rest of the year.

Advertisement