Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Apple airplay help

• 31-03-2013 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Ok here is the problem. I have iPhone 5, apple tv , Bose AirPlay speakers, full strength eircom broadband, just cannot get the airplay symbols to come up on any of the devices. Driving me mad.

Called apple and they said all my devices are up to date. They say ins a broadband problem.

Called eircom and they got me to go to the lowest setting on the firewall. No luck.
    I even switched it off still nothing.

Any ideas ???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

Not an expert but airplay works over wifi so your actual broadband connection doesn't really influence anything, it should even work without Internet connection as long as wifi works. Not sure what you mean with "full strength broadband" but I assume you mean full wifi reception.
    Seems to me the problem lies with the router itself, have set up ATV at a friends place and AirPlay didnt work there either (relatively old eircom router).
    One thing you could try is to update the firmware on the router (just google the make/model on how to). Otherwise you're probably gonna need a new/different router.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Porsche911t4

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41 navag

Is the Apple TV /speakers + your iphone connected to the Eircom router? Or do you have another router connected to the eircom router for your wireless connections?

It all needs to be connected to one router (unless you have advanced config)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

I've had airplay issues with netopia(eircom) routers in the past. What model is the router?

I believe its my router thats the problem- Its an old model. I spoke to the tech people at Eircom and they are sending me out a new one and say it should sort the problem out. Will let you know once it arrives and I get it installed.

• Advertisement

Yes it was the old router. All sorted now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,645 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Eircom and apple are not friends , there is a firmware upgrade that I bueve fixes the issues

Advertisement