Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

foster dog - how to manage

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

Do the papers say Irish kennel Club with a crest, or do they say Canine Ireland?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭jsabina

The irish kennel club and all the stamps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

What's the name of the dog on it? The name might give a clue to the breeder if it was a well known one.
    Most good breeders have a prefix at the beginning in the dogs name.

Louises Lady Luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Ok well it's not a big breeder with a name like that. It doesn't have a prefix.

• Advertisement

how should I manage toys?
    now Jago is not playing anymore with his toys or not chewing his bones because it could end up maybe in a fight..
    I thought to crate train her?
    Now I've put her in the crate almost spontaneous with a lot of good things to chew..
    She was not happy at all.. I had to push her a bit..
    She is not eating the good stuff but looking at me sad :P

and the funny thing is that Jago instead of playing with his toys or chewing the bones stays beside her in front of the crate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

I'd say continue with crate training with her, nothing forced but she should have this option. Let him be around but not bother her. They can use some down time - they can't play all the time, they also need to rest and recharge. Looks like they are simply learning to be around each other!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

I got your email, and have sent you details of the rescue I mentioned. I'll also let you know if I hear back from my friend with the goldies.

it sounds as though the pair of them are doing fine, I always think that if two new dogs aren't trying to kill each other, they're doing well. :)

Thanks..
    do you think the vet could be able in some way to check if the dog has the vaccination?
    I will ask them..
    I put on both the advantage / spot on thing for flea.. now I should give Jago the worming tablets (he had worms when young :P so he need to take 1 every 3 months now) should I give her as well?
    Mah, a looot of questions... good I'll go to the vet friday :D

It seems I found a home for Marley..
    The golden retriever rescue centre..
    I need to call back today.

I should be happy, but I am sad :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement