Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diana Camera - 35mm film developing in Cork?

Options
  • 31-03-2013 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭

a friend of mine has a diana camera and she needs the film developed

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diana_camera

I think it takes 35mm film but i am looking for a place in Cork city or County that can develop it

she tells me there is nowhere but Dublin that will do this :confused:

could anyone shed any light (i admit i dont know a whole lot about it so i am looking for some advise)

thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

She shouldn't have a problem developing 35mm film, that's standard size. Afaik Diana cameras take 120 slide film which she might find harder to get developed yeah.

Unfortunately I'm from Dublin so wouldn't know anywhere outside of it either!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

She shouldn't have a problem developing 35mm film, that's standard size. Afaik Diana cameras take 120 slide film which she might find harder to get developed yeah.

Unfortunately I'm from Dublin so wouldn't know anywhere outside of it either!

any chemit should dev 35mm film, however it depends if its bw or colour, bw and it gets harder. and yes it can take 120mm film, but the 'slide' bit, thats just a type of film, which is harder to get deved too. tbh if its colour 35 mm, your grand. anything else. your not

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭BArra

thanks for that, i will check exact film and report back

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

Any film, B&W, colour negative or colour tranparency, that's marked "C41" on the box or film container can be developed and printed in many chemists, photo outlets, camera shops, supermarkets (TESCO, LIDL/ALDI, etc)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

mathepac wrote: »
    Any film, B&W, colour negative or colour tranparency, that's marked "C41" on the box or film container can be developed and printed in many chemists, photo outlets, camera shops, supermarkets (TESCO, LIDL/ALDI, etc)

Ah no, supermarkets don't develop and now most chemists don't and don't send it off to be done either. But some chemists still do, if there's a fuji lab in it it more than likely will.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

Either of the photo shops in town will develop C41 35 and 120 film. If it's B&W (non-C41) it's harder, but I think O'Leary's will mail out for it to be done, it is more expensive though.

If she's really into film, then the dark room in The Camden Palace run developing and printing classes for regular B&W film. I think it's €85 for three sessions that will teach you to develop and print.

http://the-dark-room.org/booking/

Boots will post it out to be developed and printed (UK ?) the turn-around time is 7 days, Sam McAuleys (spelling ?) chemists do it in-house, the supermarkets now appear to have gone digital-only including Tescos hanger in Naas. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭BArra

so the film is fuji pro 160 c 120 film

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

try gunns or camera exchange

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

They are probably a bit far from Cork ;)
    Sometimes I love the perks of living in Dublin.

• Advertisement

Ah yes, the renowned Dublin-centric posting of the non-reading poster.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Norberto

BArra wrote: »
    so the film is fuji pro 160 c 120 film

I just found this post and I am in the same shoes in Cork. I have a Diana F+ which using 120 format film. Let me to ask where did you get film developed finally? Also need to get my 35 mm color film to developed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭11811

Norberto wrote: »
    I just found this post and I am in the same shoes in Cork. I have a Diana F+ which using 120 format film. Let me to ask where did you get film developed finally? Also need to get my 35 mm color film to developed.

O Learys camera world on Oliver Plunkett street do standard 35mm processing, the used to do other types but not any more. However if you ask them they might point you in the right direction for getting 120 done.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭gerk86

120 can be developed in 'foto finish', penrose wharf, Cork City. 4euros per roll.

Advertisement