Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cigars in Dublin

• 31-03-2013 10:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Looking to pick up say 5 cigars tomorrow in Dublin. I know virtually nothing about cigars so unsure where to start. I have heard of Petersons and Foxs but unsure how much I am looking at. We are not really cigar smokers, more getting them for a party, so not looking to spend a whole lot as others may not even like them so dont want to spend a heap of money with something that doesnt get smoked.

Someone was saying Petersons do hand rolled coronas for ok prices. Would this be a good to go with?

Any help and advice would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Chris

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Actually have a friend coming back from states and can try pick me up some cigars. What price would they be to buy in airport over there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

Hi chris
    First thing with regard to American duty free, you can rule out any Cuban cigar due to trade embargo but I did get a cao sampler once for about 120$ with 10 different sticks. Good variety but different types and sizes.

If you are still in Dublin. Decent-Cigar has the best selection and the guys are great to deal with. Will help with your choice and price.

Enjoy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

I would suggest that you save a chunk of money and buy a couple of boxes of Wintermans half coronas in your local tobacconist/spar or whereever your normally buy your smokes.
    If, after smoking those, you feel you might like to try a better cigar then do so but don't go spending €10-20 per cigar when you don't know if you even smoke them.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

OldGoat wrote: »
    I would suggest that you save a chunk of money and buy a couple of boxes of Wintermans half coronas in your local tobacconist/spar or whereever your normally buy your smokes.
    If, after smoking those, you feel you might like to try a better cigar then do so but don't go spending €10-20 per cigar when you don't know if you even smoke them.

Fair enough, get what you mean. How much would they be?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

About a tenner for 5 though it's been about 5 years since I last bough them.

You might find a better cigar available in some off-licenses or hotels bars. Just ask in your local if they have a humidor.

I'm not trying to put you off smoking a good cigar, just trying to say that if it's just for looks and kicks then go cheap and cheerful instead. If on the otherhand you are genuinely interested in trying out a few handmade cigars then I'll be really happy to point you in the right direction.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Advertisement
Advertisement