Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Orphan Black [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

lots of emmy buzz for the lead actress.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Did you try it out, Richard?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,493 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I've watched 5 episodes of this. I like it, though I'm not sure how to classify it, really. Wiki says it's sci-fi, but so far they haven't delved much into the science of the cloning and so on. Will come back when I'm done.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,493 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Episode 7 was pretty poor. 8 had the shocker of Ciara being knocked over. 9 was very good with Alison telling the interventionists to GTFO. :pac: The finale was very solid. Kill off a rake of characters and give it enough emotional weight. I'm not sure how to classify the show, really. Even with all the clone stuff it seems a bit lightweight on the science compared to say, Fringe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,970 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

categories it as the best saturday night tv show in years F doctor who

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,570 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Finished this last night. Very entertaining! Even the annoying gay brother stopped annoying me by the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

Fantastic Panel over at SDCC for NERD HQ. I didn't think it was possible to love this cast more...I was wrong. They're so freaking enthusiastic over their little show that could. Adorable.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h40tE13m1HA&feature=youtu.be

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

They should have Maslany star in SHIELD
    now that Coulson is a clone

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/07/19/orphan-black-tatiana-maslany/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Source

It will air on BBC 3

Starts on September 20th at 9pm on BBC 3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 935 ✭✭✭wildefalcon

Just finished episode 3 = 'tis good, the auld heart is fair racing!

I'd call it a techno-thriller, keeps me going until season 2 of Utopia.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Davyhal

Heard of this show on Friday night, started watching it Saturday morning, finished watching it last night.... At times I thought it was turning a bit predictable, but bam! No, another blindside moment....

I think it is absolutely brilliant, and the way that the actress plays each character so totally differently is amazing... I keep having to remind myself that it is the same actress as they are all so distinct.

The only criticism I have regarding the show is the episode where Alison got drunk and Sarah had to pretend to be her for her neighbourhood party... Felt it didnt really add to the show, and to be honest, felt like something that you would have seen in "The Parent Trap".

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Rob30888

Series 2 returns April 19th which seems a painfully long time away. There's also a new teaser trailer floating around, but it has no new footage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zCNJG07i-g

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Rob30888

First Season 2 trailer with all new footage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfUxpTSnq4o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,722 ✭✭✭brian_t

No UK airdate for season 2 yet but BBC3 is repeating the first season late night over the weekend of April 12/13

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Started last night. I think even after watching the 'previously on' section, I was a bit lost as to who was who. I might flick through season 1 again for a proper recap.

Loved it. Great setup for the season.
    Beyond elated Helana's still kicking it, and you gotta admire cast and crew for keeping that understand wraps. I legit fangirled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

That was such a great episode!

"Excuse me, my sister shot me" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28 DoomDaDa

I freaking love this show, it's simply amazing!!
    Binge watched the first season and I am ecstatic that the second season is back on, it just keeps getting better.
    Can't wait to see new plot and twists that the writers have up their sleeves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I felt a bit let down this week, the father thing seemed shoehorned in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 DoomDaDa

I felt a bit let down this week, the father thing seemed shoehorned in

The father was a surprise, really unexpected but at this stage, I willing accept anything they throw at me!
    Who's your favourite clone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

DoomDaDa wrote: »
    The father was a surprise, really unexpected but at this stage, I willing accept anything they throw at me!
    Who's your favourite clone?

At the moment, Alison.

Anyone else find themselves doing multiple rewatches of each new ep? I can't get enough.
    On another note I've never loathed the word "fertile " more.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Applause

I love Orphan Black so much! I binge watched all of the episodes over the past few days and I am aching for another one. I love Alison and Felix so much, they make me laugh all the time. A favourite of mine is when Alison wanted Felix to go home with her and he said "I need to change, fetch me something gay!" :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 789 ✭✭✭mafaa

Orphan Black Season 3 Plans In Motion: Who Survives?
    Executive producer John Fawcett has revealed that plans for Orphan Black Season 3 are already in motion

Thank God for that. This show is my happy place.

Props to this show too, there's not a single character I find unlikeable and that's a hard thing to say with TV these days.

Have you guys watched the promo for next week? Noooooooooooo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,086 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Great episode , with even more proof that Tatiana Maslany needs to be nominated for an Emmy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 392 ✭✭Footoo

Great episode , with even more proof that Tatiana Maslany needs to be nominated for an Emmy.

I disagree. this was a serious almost jumped the shark moment.

I don't have an issue with there being a
    Trans clone
    . I just have a huge issue with the execution. It was far too much for Maslany to take on imo and she failed miserably. She wasn't helped by poor costume design (I mean that facial hair, c'mon ) or the poorly conceived storyline. It seems like it was just shoehorned in with the sole aim to shock, and the incestuous undertones were just wrong on so many levels.

Luckily it seems like we've seen the last...hopefully anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,086 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Footoo wrote: »
    I disagree. this was a serious almost jumped the shark moment.

I don't have an issue with there being a
    Trans clone
    . I just have a huge issue with the execution. It was far too much for Maslany to take on imo and she failed miserably. She wasn't helped by poor costume design (I mean that facial hair, c'mon ) or the poorly conceived storyline. It seems like it was just shoehorned in with the sole aim to shock, and the incestuous undertones were just wrong on so many levels.

Luckily it seems like we've seen the last...hopefully anyway.

I can see where you are coming from in relation to the whole Tony character who is basically Sarah with facial hair and was only in the episode to pass on a single sentence about Paul. Leaving out that, with Emmy nominations coming up she really needs to be nominated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

BBC America has renewed for a 10 episode third season

Advertisement