Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Orphan Black [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,251 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Nice. Only got caught up last week.

I would love Tatiana to get some recognition but unless they create a category for "Actress in every role"

And if you want the cute factor, how about the actress who played Charlotte/young Rachel recreating the dance from the end?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 789 ✭✭✭mafaa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 789 ✭✭✭mafaa

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,493 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I've one episode of season 2 left, though I last watched this about a month ago. Don't think the show is as good as some saw. Alison's probably my favourite, in part down to how she tries to navigate her world! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 DoomDaDa

YAY!! So glad it's coming back for another season. Watched season 1 and 2 again and they were just as good ass the first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Celtise

The Nerd HQ for Orphan Black was awesome again this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17 taraniluanaigh

Anyone know when the second season will be on Netflix? Just finished season 1 and I am loving the whole show! Tatiana is amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

Anyone know when the second season will be on Netflix? Just finished season 1 and I am loving the whole show! Tatiana is amazing!

Considering Netflix only got the rights to season one a few weeks ago, we'll probably be waiting another 12 months for season 2 :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,970 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

paul/dylan is annoying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

Just finished watching S1 on Netflix...loved it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28 DoomDaDa

mel.b wrote: »
    Just finished watching S1 on Netflix...loved it :)
    It gets better! Enjoy season 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,223 ✭✭✭✭flazio

DeWitt wrote: »
    Considering Netflix only got the rights to season one a few weeks ago, we'll probably be waiting another 12 months for season 2 :(
    Doubt it, both Series 1 and 2 have aired in the UK on BBC Three so there's nothing stopping Netflix fast tracking series 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

flazio wrote: »
    Doubt it, both Series 1 and 2 have aired in the UK on BBC Three so there's nothing stopping Netflix fast tracking series 2.

It's doesn't work like that really - it depends on the Sales Agent Agreement. The series is made in partnership with BBC and Space so it's no surprise that they will get fast track rights, but AVOD and particularly SVOD like Netflix may be another story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

James Frain, Justin Chatwin and Ksenia Solo join for Season 3

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Celtise

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    James Frain, Justin Chatwin and Ksenia Solo join for Season 3

Futher details on their characters if interested: http://www.bbcamerica.com/orphan-black/2014/11/25/season-3-casting-announcement/

Return date announced. But not until April 18th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,970 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

so much happened at the end of the last season, so they discovered rich people are cloning themselves for body parts, but the military also want to use them, and the ultimate goal is a clone that can procreate?

so much happened at the end of the last season, so they discovered rich people are cloning themselves for body parts, but the military also want to use them, and the ultimate goal is a clone that can procreate?

think they said Sarah was a mistake and they shouldn't be able to have kids. It's the clones that want kids.

Trying to remember, did they say what happened with the original donor?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭DMcL1971

So what do people make of the first episode of season 3? I was quite confused for a while as it took me a bit to try remember where everything left off at the end of season 2 and what the hell the difference is between LEDA, DYAD, Castor and Topside.

I loved the dream sequence at the start. Delphine has certainly changed a lot during the break. It is always great too see one of the clones impersonating another but to have two sets of impersonators interacting with each other added an extra level of confusion. Donnie looks like he is going to be a bit more involved than before. Though all the female LEDA clones (except Helena) seem to be sane, the male Castor clones all seem a bit unhinged.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Really liked the first episode! Not sure how I feel about such a severe change in Delphine. I've never been a big fan of her though so I'm not too concerned. The scene between her & Rachel had me cringing, I was watching between my fingers, trying to protect my own eye. :p

I'm not usually one for such intense shows, I tend to stick more to comedies, but OB has me hooked.

Yes the sudden change in Delphine took me by surprise. Previously she had been quite a timid character and now she is kind of bad ass and heartless. It doesn't seem consistent with her character. Also, the character of Marian who was revealed near the end of last season seemed like she was the one in charge. I have a feeling that Marian was supposed to be in charge but the actress might not have been available so the role was merged with Delphine.

DMcL1971 wrote: »
    So what do people make of the first episode of season 3? I was quite confused for a while as it took me a bit to try remember where everything left off at the end of season 2 and what the hell the difference is between LEDA, DYAD, Castor and Topside.

Same. Watched about 10 mins and was then like :confused: so had to pause it and get out wikipedia :pac:

I don't really get why Sarah is so angry with Siobhan. I know that she sold out Helena but she did it to save Sarah and Kira. Would she prefer to have been left in the hands of DYAD who were on the verge of removing her ovaries?

Poor Helena, she can never catch a break, first she is tortured by nuns, then it is Tomas, then it is Prolethians and now it is Castor. Luckily she has Pupok to keep her company.

Paul seems to know a bit more about Cal's past than was let on in previous seasons.

I'm intrigued to know what is going on with the Castor clones. From last season Mark seemed a little nuts, to put it mildly. Rudy (Scarface) is definitely unhinged and violent. Seth (Moustche) was definitely going off the deep end before his brother shot him. Miller (Military) hasn't shown much personality yet.

I'm looking forward to seeing how Alison gets on in her new business venture.

After a strong opener, I wasn't too impressed by the second episode. I don't think the writers have a full handle on how to deal with the storyline as a whole and - as I presume they're setting something up - I'm not sure they know exactly what to do with all the characters they have introduced.

There was an awful lot going on in the first episode between trying to remember what had come before and trying to figure out what Helsinki was about and who knew about it. It made for a difficult to follow episode. I reckon this second episode was more about slowing down and putting the pieces in place for whatever is to come.

I do get the sense that the writers are making it up as they go along as opposed to following some grand plan. It just seems to get bigger and bigger. DYAD are the bad guys, no wait Neolutionists are the bad guys, no wait Leakie is the bad guy, no wait Rachael is the bad guy, no wait Marian is the bad guy, no wait Topside are the bad guys, no wait Castor are the bad guys, no wait is Topside the military or do they report to the military?

Siobhan and Paul also have a habit of spending half the time seemingly knowing nothing and then revealing that they know loads of important stuff but never just revealing all. Then they are good guys then they are bad guys, it changes from week to week.

Don't get me wrong, I am enjoying it, I just don't know where it is going form week to week but then again I don't reckon the writers do either.

There were some good comedic moments this week with Felix making fun of Scott and of course everything Alison and Donnie do as 'pharmaceutical entrepreneurs'.

So, some of the Prolethians survived Helena's barn burning and are not giving up on their mission (whatever it might be?). I predict more religious fundamentalist shenanigans are on the way. Looks like Bonnie Johanssen is just as evil as her husband was. I'm also feeling sorry for poor Gracie who was made out as a nasty piece of work last season, she now seems a lot more sympathetic.

It was just like the old days again with Art and Sarah out chasing down leads and doing detective work.

The Castor clones are still searching for the original samples, I wonder if these samples actually exist?

Castor aren't looking like such bad guys after all, I'm starting to feel sorry for Rudy and his Mum. Both the Castor and LEDA clones have defects that they want to fix. Could we have brothers and sisters uniting against a common enemy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

The sisters & brothers reveal was awesome, I had kind of thought that they were heading in that direction. That's some family of siblings now!

It'd be cool to see them all team up, Ari Millen is proving to be nearly as good as Tat at playing the clones.

Advertisement