Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Orphan Black [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

brian_t wrote: »
    No they usually showed it one episode a week at 9 or 10pm.

It's a strange decision to binge show it like they are.

It has though always been on BBC3.
    That's more of an indictment on BBC3 than Orphan Black then I'd say - it's strange though they haven't attempted to move it but I guess it's too far into the show to do a big media push and move it to a network they care about!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭smilerf

As long as Art at least attempts to act I'm happy.
    Mate of mine drunk the other night asked how I'd rate the women in OB excluding Delphine. I laughed at first but then realised Sarah and Cosima appear more attractive than say Helena or Alison

Think I need more sleep ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,722 ✭✭✭brian_t

The entire third season of Orphan Black will be made available on the BBC iPlayer from next Wednesday (September 23) at 10pm.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

smilerf wrote: »
    As long as Art at least attempts to act I'm happy.
    Mate of mine drunk the other night asked how I'd rate the women in OB excluding Delphine. I laughed at first but then realised Sarah and Cosima appear more attractive than say Helena or Alison

Think I need more sleep ha

It's a real testament to Musalany that she has so many different levels of hotness depending on which character she's playing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,223 ✭✭✭✭flazio

So watched Orphan Black Series 3 on my Sky+ lately. Overall excellent stuff. One thing letting it down though.
    Some of the exterior sets. The exterior of the Mexico camp and "London " especially. Honestly they left in a photo still of a street as live action.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,493 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,086 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭DMcL1971

Season 4 will premiere on April 14th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,086 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

So excited for this! Going by those two trailers, the next season will be epic!! :)

• Advertisement

Series 4 will be added to Netflix UK/Ireland the day after their BBC America airing episode by episode.

BBC America have released the first four minutes of season 4. I won't be watching it myself but here it is for any who wants it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I believe this should be on Netflix this evening (or it could be tomorrow morning - I'm never too sure of what they mean by "next day")

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

It's there now, FS. I just checked.

Usually there by 8 o clock on Friday morning. Watching episode 1 now.

What a great season opener. I was all excited and waiting to find out what would happen next in the story but I wasn't expecting a whole episode of events from before the pilot. It was great having Beth's story padded out. I really had to dig back in to my memory to try and remember all the back story with Olivier and Maggie Chen and the neolutionists.

I had great fun seeing all the old characters from previous seasons turning up again. It looks like Mika is going to be a regularly occurring clone, for a while at least. Also, Kira doesn't seem to have aged at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Really enjoyed that. Very clever way to introduce a new clone and good to see a bit more of what Beth was like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,970 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

that was good opener, good to go back, thought it had got too silly and coincidental at the end of the last season

Great second episode. I like the mix of present day and flashback. They seem to be taking things back to basics with the neolution storyline that had dropped away last season. I like the character of MK and it would appear that she has plenty of important information, I just hope they don't drag it on for too long before she reveals what she knows.

Great laughs from Kendall and all her one liners.
    Always glad to see Scott, he is s strong supporting character and where better to locate him than under a comic book store.
    Felix is back.
    Donnie and his 'Wife' Helena are great together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

I had started to disengage with this show about mid-way through the last season but I've been really enjoying this season so far, probably as it's focusing on the harder science-fiction end of things again.

• Advertisement

The Caster clones were a brutal story arc. Thankfully the showrunners have recognised that Maslany's many guises are the only ones viewers are interested in.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Yeah, feels like this season has decided to embrace its more ostensibly scifi angles, although I always found the neolutionists a bit too daft. The body modding (a gross fleshy tail, yuck) lost me a little, but the stem cell research and baby tinkering hits a more immediate, relatable nerve.

I agree the show faltered a little last season, and the Caster clones were a bit missed opportunity, but seems like this 4th season has shown a little more pep in its step. And honestly, it's nearly always worth watching for Donnie and Alison.

Side question though, do we know where this is supposed to be set? The main city where Art, Alison etc. live? Not sure if it's the US or Canada and I'm curious. ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭smilerf

And thankfully they seem to realise the guy who plays art is a woeful actor. He gotten less screen time

I think they deliberately obscure where it's set. I assume it's filmed in Toronto but it's just generic North America for the most part.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I love Donnie and Alison - easily my favourite characters, but I'm really enjoying them constantly sending Donnie off with some of the other clones this season, because he bounces so well off all of the characters. His adventures with Helena are always great craic, and then this episode the scenes with him and Crystal and the bit of banter he had with Cossima as well was great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,970 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

I love Donnie and Alison - easily my favourite characters, but I'm really enjoying them constantly sending Donnie off with some of the other clones this season, because he bounces so well off all of the characters. His adventures with Helena are always great craic, and then this episode the scenes with him and Crystal and the bit of banter he had with Cossima as well was great.

I was confused at them firstly not mentioning Helena disappearance and then downplaying it, I wonder if the show has to keep a limit on the numbers of clones she has to play per ep and for the moment all Helena was doing was growing babies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Wow,
    majorly depressing episode this week :(

Orphan Black is back on great form now.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Wren2893

pixelburp wrote: »

Side question though, do we know where this is supposed to be set? The main city where Art, Alison etc. live? Not sure if it's the US or Canada and I'm curious. ..

I think it's almost completely set in Canada now. AFAIK Cosima was based in the US in the earlier seasons. I think she went from San Francisco to Minnesota to be closer to Beth and Alison before setting up under the comic book shop somewhere in Canada with the core group of clones.

• Advertisement

I was kind of drifting in and out of sleep towards the end. Did they really have all their precious data on one single hard drive with no backups? That has to be the most outdated trope in TV.

I couldn't quite grasp why Beth had to die either.

Advertisement