Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help please - important!

Options
  • 31-03-2013 11:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭

Ok so I was using my manager's photocopier when I shouldn't have been. The machine is now saying that the drum needs to be replaced! I have pressed cancel job and held that button down but it is saying "no data". I want to basically know, if and when my manager changes the drum - will my document automatically print?? I really don't want it to print or Ill be in a lot of s**t!

It's a brother mfc7420 machine - help please...:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,432 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Remove drum, give it a shake, put drum back it. See if it prints.

Turning off most copiers and printers will clear the memory, but some have extra memory for managing print jobs.

Were you printing CVs or your boobs? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭amy1plus2

HAHA - it was the cv!!! And references!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭mach1982

Rule1: never print CV's at work .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭stephendevlin

amy1plus2 wrote: »
    Ok so I was using my manager's photocopier when I shouldn't have been. The machine is now saying that the drum needs to be replaced! I have pressed cancel job and held that button down but it is saying "no data". I want to basically know, if and when my manager changes the drum - will my document automatically print?? I really don't want it to print or Ill be in a lot of s**t!

It's a brother mfc7420 machine - help please...:confused:

You can cancel the print job from your pc, on the toolbar on the bottom right look for the printer icon and then you will see the print jobs waiting to print. Should allow you to delete them from there

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

You can cancel the print job from your pc, on the toolbar on the bottom right look for the printer icon and then you will see the print jobs waiting to print. Should allow you to delete them from there

If the printer has internal memory it may print it regardless, although turning the printer off for a while may clear it

Nick

• Advertisement

yoyo wrote: »
    If the printer has internal memory it may print it regardless, although turning the printer off for a while may clear it

Nick

Am sure it deletes it from the memory once you delete the print job as I have deleted it half way through a job at times and it stopped once I deleted it

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Freddy Smelly

the drum has reached end of life... phone the photocopier service guy to have it replaced.

drums go all the time on photocopiers... its like ink going on printers... they are replaced easily

Sh*te, I am dreading getting a call tomorrow when this machine is fixed...I didn't explain very well in the original post, it was my cv and references I was actually photocopying, but they never copied because of the drum error - would a job for the copier wait as long as 2 days and still print off?

Trust me I completely realise how stupid I was to do it!!!

Sh*te, I am dreading getting a call tomorrow when this machine is fixed...I didn't explain very well in the original post, it was my cv and references I was actually photocopying, but they never copied because of the drum error - would a job for the copier wait as long as 2 days and still print off?

If you can catch the guy before he puts the toner into it, ask him to do a "test copy" and hopefully he might be able to get your document before the boss see's it

(flashing of boobs may be neccisary)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Logical_Bear

And references!!! :)
    so thats a yes then lol :pac::cool:

• Advertisement

the photcopy job will be lost cos to replace the drum requires that the printer is turned off (the drum gets very hot). all jobs in the queue will be lost when the photocopier is shut off.

only print jobs are stored on the print server hard drive on the photocopier. if you were only photocopying and not printing then you will be ok.

i used to work for mjflood dealing with photocopiers many years ago

however most photocopiers/printers require the print server to be restarted along with the photocopier after a drum replacement to allow the service guy enter service mode to align the drum.

the print server is usually a little box attached to the back of the photocopier. it will have it's own network cable going into it to recieve print jobs over a lan. switch it off to wipe the print jobs queue.

Freddy Smelly - THANK YOU!!! I'm off to have a BIG glass of relief (wine) ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 295 ✭✭joetoad

Ur wrong, it will hold the print job in memory. Even after powering off and powering on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭T-Bird

it might be a service message saying that drum needs to be changed soon. did it stop working or was it saying no data because there was actually nothing to print?

joetoad wrote: »
    Ur wrong, it will hold the print job in memory. Even after powering off and powering on

no it wont.... when you power cycle the print server it will erase the queue.

if you just power cycle the photocopier but not the print server it will retain the queue

i have repaired many photocopiers over the years... 99% of them will erase the queue when the printer server attached to the back of the photocopier is power cycled. it does this to clear incomplete data from jobs sent at the time of fault

Advertisement