Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrade Decision Assistance Required (iphone4s)

Options
  • 01-04-2013 12:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hello, my current contract will finish within a fortnight and I have found myself completely unsure of what the best deal is for me.I jumped into the 02 contract at the thought of getting a free iPhone,which was a decision I would come regret down the line. On the plus side of things I never had an issue with regards to signal or data usage but the negatives outweighed on the overall side of things. The plan itself was meant to be 40 quid a month for 200 minutes,250 texts and 2gb data (I think),however it always came in the other side of €50 and having the phone stolen (not insured, my fault) I was forced to pay €120 for calls made to Romania which added insult to injury.Dealing with 02 themselves has not been the best of experiences as they seem to be too busy making Jonathan Sexton practice his place kicking in the woods, to helping paying customers.

Anyways in an ideal world what I'm after is an 18 month contract,decent level data,400 texts, 100 minutes,iPhone 4s, not over 50euro per month. having done some research the following it a brief summary of whats on offer.

1.Vodafone- Phone Free,unlimited texts and calls to vodafone,500MB data,24 month contract,unlimited texts any network
    €35 per month*

2.Meteor-Phone Free,200 minutes and texts,24 month contract,5GB data,24 month contract
    €45 per month*

3.'3'-Phone €39,350 Flexi units,unlimited data,18 month contract
    €40.66 per month*

At the moment the best deal appears to be Vodafone,however that data looks microscopic in comparison to the competition.I'm not too price sensitive and would be happy to pay the extra money for the better deal.

Have anyone had any experience then can add, I really want to make the right decision as the last time I just signed onto the contract without really putting much though into it. Thanks in advance for contributions

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 stripeypaint

I had a look at e-mobile there for arguments sake. Their website is confusing enough, however generally speaking they don't seem to offer anything special.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭wilser

Emobile have a sim only plan for €32 a month, all land lines & mobile calls and texts are free plus 15gb internet per month, think thats the best deal atm

Advertisement