Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virtual USA addresses - anyone use them?

Options
  • 01-04-2013 12:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭

Anyone using the above for shipping to Ireland? Whats your experiences?

Ive been looking at LINK 1

and LINK 2

Not trying to avoid anything other than sellers that wont post outside USA for items I want.

Just to clarify, I am looking to buy clothing items for hunting, fishing gear, etc., nothing else.

Is it kind of like parcel motel?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Maybe try reading the FAQ's?
    Tikkat3 wrote: »
    Ive been looking at LINK 1
    Are there any items that ReShip.com can’t ship?
    Combustible and flammable items including paints, oils, lighters, perfume, nail polishes, etc.
    Pressurized materials such as hair spray, shaving cream, or spray cans of any type and hazardous materials such as fuels, chemicals, or explosives.
    Firearms, weaponry, and their components and parts, including military, police and tactical equipment of any kind, guns, gun replicas, gun accessories, gun components (magazines, clips, and rail systems), ammunition, knives with blades over 6", swords, compound bows, crossbows, discharge weapons such as shock batons or stun guns, tooling for guns or gun parts, optical scopes, laser sights, night sights, night vision goggles, handcuffs and other restraints, and surveillance equipment . Basically, if it can be used as a weapon, we won't ship it.
    and LINK 2
    Can you ship weapons or gun accessories?

No. MyUS.com will not ship any product that appears to be a weapon, a weapon part or an accessory to a weapon.

Basically, none of these services will send guns, as the people wanting to circumvent the postal service will probably be criminals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Tikkat3

thanks for that, I am more looking at items of clothing for hunting and also fishing gear and thought if it worked it might make it possible to buy those items that are listed and unavailable outside USA

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

If you search under 'biz/consumer/online auctions I've posted about this before. They all refuse to ship firearm accessories but hunting and fishing gear should be ok. I've had a few knives sent over for instance. Avoid myus.com as they always open the boxes and remove catalogues. The best I've found are www.shipito.com

recipio wrote: »
    If you search under 'biz/consumer/online auctions I've posted about this before. They all refuse to ship firearm accessories but hunting and fishing gear should be ok. I've had a few knives sent over for instance. Avoid myus.com as they always open the boxes and remove catalogues. The best I've found are www.shipito.com

Thanks Recipio! I want to get a few reels and stuff mostly. I also looked at a new electric shaver and its 4 times the price here than USA so I was checking it out.

Placed an order just now to see how it works :)

Appreciate the help.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,352 ✭✭✭J.R.

Thanks Recipio! I want to get a few reels and stuff mostly. I also looked at a new electric shaver and its 4 times the price here than USA so I was checking it out.

Placed an order just now to see how it works :)

Appreciate the help.

Remember electricity in USA is 110 volts..........you will need an adapter for it to work here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Tackleberry.

I have one of these address and have bought a few things ( reloading dies and a chronograph) with no problems.
    http://www.nybox.com/ proper address not PO box.

Would recommend the above.
    Best of luck.

Thanks J.R. and Tackleberry

I will check out that mail forwarding company too.

Just there is a few things that I would like to buy that dont ship outside USA.

Will see how it goes anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

J.R. wrote: »
    Remember electricity in USA is 110 volts..........you will need an adapter for it to work here.
    If it's for a shaver, check if you have a two hole plug. I think a lot of the two hole plugs are 115volts, and are mainly marked "shavers only" because of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

Thanks J.R. and Tackleberry

I will check out that mail forwarding company too.

Just there is a few things that I would like to buy that dont ship outside USA.

Will see how it goes anyway :)

;) If its a scope try Airguns of Arizona. Postage is a pain and customs duty even worse. Use USPS if possible.

recipio wrote: »
    ;) If its a scope try Airguns of Arizona. Postage is a pain and customs duty even worse. Use USPS if possible.

Thanks Lad

I am all scoped out to be honest and its just fishing gear and shooting clothing and odd bit of electronics I want and dont mind paying the duty if I get the items I want and have that extra bit of choice :)

• Advertisement

Just an update as promised.

I used shipito and ordered an item in excess of $100 same item is €400 here :rolleyes: filled out customs declaration with full and honest details

It took around two weeks but arrived today, all in all, I was very satisfied with the service.

Item was photographed by them on arrival to them and before dispatch to me.

great service if you need to get something that wont ship ut of USA and is ITAR exempt.

Advertisement