Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonsilla inn raided Good Friday

Options
  • 01-04-2013 1:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭

So the clonsilla said F the church and opened up on Good Friday for service and then the guards raided it after 10 pm with about 100 people inside and shut up shop what use think of this 1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Has the gardai not got more important things to worry about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Wils110

It was Good Friday all the scum where at mass........serious note pubs serving alcohol on Good Friday is illegal guards where doing their job, if 1 pub in an area of 300,000+ is open and everyone hears carnage would ensue,guards caught it in time there were crowds walking down to the place would have being killings that night

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Wils110 wrote: »
    So the clonsilla said F the church and opened up on Good Friday for service and then the guards raided it after 10 pm with about 100 people inside and shut up shop what use think of this 1

Any links or sources for this?

Prob have to wait for the next issue of the north side people...source? I live in the area it's one o my locals

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Can't believe the clonsilla broke the good Friday agreement

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭5T3PH3N

Yeah, it's true.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭stop

Very foolish thing to do..

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭SolarFlash

were they all forced to go to mass dressed as giant Easter eggs?

The bar manager had to carry a cross down to blanch Garda station

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭d15ude

question is, will they open april 1st?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭micar

My mate Christy was there on Friday night with about 12 of his mates. The Gardai got awful abuse when there raided.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

micar wrote: »
    My mate Christy was there on Friday night with about 12 of his mates. The Gardai got awful abuse when there raided.

Yeah that sounds like the clientele the Clonsilla Inn attracts these days. I stopped going years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭gjc

Are there consequences for the people inside

No, they were just told to get out. If you mean implications for the management then I don't know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

They could lose their licence over that. which would make it an expensive mistake. they'll get a hefty fine at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Howjoe1 wrote: »
    They could lose their licence over that. which would make it an expensive mistake. they'll get a hefty fine at least.

Any idea how long it could take, have a function booked for there next weekend!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

athtrasna wrote: »

i wouldn't know for sure, but would imagine paperwork etc would take a few weeks. they will possible just get a slap on the wrist.

Don't worry about it, it looks like no further action will be taken.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭exador

What date is Today ?

This isn't an April fools its true and to the lad asking bout the function you should be grand my bro has a function booked and he was told not to worry about..my bros a local Barman so knows the bar staff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭micar

micar wrote: »

I assumed that it was an April fools. Christy and his 12 mates at Easter having a few scoops......Christ and the 12 Apostles.

That was the best I could come up it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

I say Christy could get nailed for this :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

This isn't an April fools its true and to the lad asking bout the function you should be grand my bro has a function booked and he was told not to worry about..my bros a local Barman so knows the bar staff

Lad??? I'm a lady :P

Lad??? I'm a lady :P

Sorry just a habit....also possibly best use of quote I've seen in awhile

Advertisement