Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Question About Sex

• 01-04-2013 2:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Apologies if this isn't really appropriate but I have a question that I'm sure people here could help with. As someone who's going through the great emotional turmoil of orientation acceptance I'm just curious about male-male sex. Is it considered normal and expected that both partners should be penetrated by one another? I'm sure you can imagine this is quite an issue with a young male newbie such as myself... Thanks

Also I'd just like to say that forums like this have been like goldmines for me. It's so nice to know that there are so many others who have experienced the exact same issues as myself and that there's more to homosexuality than the very in-your-face stereotype which seem to define gayness in a lot of people's minds. I'm sorry if that's offensive it's just that for a long time I thought the majority of gay people were the very open, camp ones with whom I felt I did not identify - which only pushed me deeper into the closet. But in actual fact it seems there is a massive amount of ordinary guys for whom their sexuality doesn't define them. It's nice to know as I used to worry that being gay would infect every aspect of my life.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Walker77

Apologies if this isn't really appropriate but I have a question that I'm sure people here could help with. As someone who's going through the great emotional turmoil of orientation acceptance I'm just curious about male-male sex. Is it considered normal and expected that both partners should be penetrated by one another? I'm sure you can imagine this is quite an issue with a young male newbie such as myself... Thanks

Also I'd just like to say that forums like this have been like goldmines for me. It's so nice to know that there are so many others who have experienced the exact same issues as myself and that there's more to homosexuality than the very in-your-face stereotype which seem to define gayness in a lot of people's minds. I'm sorry if that's offensive it's just that for a long time I thought the majority of gay people were the very open, camp ones with whom I felt I did not identify - which only pushed me deeper into the closet. But in actual fact it seems there is a massive amount of ordinary guys for whom their sexuality doesn't define them. It's nice to know as I used to worry that being gay would infect every aspect of my life.

Welcome to boards.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

It's normal for both to flip fcuk and penetrate each other as is just topping or bottoming only, though the later is more commonplace.

It can be whatever you want it to be, if you're just comfortable with only penetrating or getting penetrated, but not both, then say that. It's not a bother and things will be far more enjoyable with you comfortable and relaxed with the situation.

Likewise, if you want to try both, you can suggest it. If you're a bit nervous and inexperienced I can understand it could be kind of intimidating to take a bit of charge but everything will be far more enjoyable if you go with what you want to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Walker77

1ZRed wrote: »
    It's normal for both to flip fcuk and penetrate each other as is just topping or bottoming only, though the later is more commonplace.

It can be whatever you want it to be, if you're just comfortable with only penetrating or getting penetrated, but not both, then say that. It's not a bother and things will be far more enjoyable with you comfortable and relaxed with the situation.

Likewise, if you want to try both, you can suggest it. If you're a bit nervous and inexperienced I can understand it could be kind of intimidating to take a bit of charge but everything will be far more enjoyable if you go with what you want to do.

And with who you want to do it with. I like it 1ZRed short and sweet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,104 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Is it considered normal and expected that both partners should be penetrated by one another?

To be honest I wouldnt worry about what is considered normal or expected - just go with what you feel comfortable doing. (that includes not doing anal at all)

http://gaylife.about.com/b/2008/04/12/myth-all-gay-men-enjoy-anal-sex.htm

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Azure_sky

Spectrum beats labels everytime, O.P.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 TheGilch13

Its wierd that this got asked as I was thinking about it too. I'm in a similar position (a newbie) I haven't come out yet to my nearest and dearest with a few exceptions. TBH I wouldn't be comfortable being a "bottom" but had thought that this could be a problem for my sex-life in the future (haven't even kissed another guy yet lol :D ).
    I had always thought that both partners would have to be penetrated but I guess it might not be as commonplace as I might have thought. Its comforting to see other guys asking the same questions. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 899 ✭✭✭oisindoyle

Children ,listen PLEASE listen.
    Firstly,just because someone is gay doesn't mean they HAVE to have penetrative sex.
    Secondly,many many gay couples who are in long term relationships do not engage in anal sex.
    Thirdly,NEVER feel pressured into doing something you do not want to .
    Forthly,if you are going to have sex with someone/anyone ,ALWAYS play safe
    End of lesson :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭floggg

oisindoyle wrote: »
    Children ,listen PLEASE listen.
    Firstly,just because someone is gay doesn't mean they HAVE to have penetrative sex.
    Secondly,many many gay couples who are in long term relationships do not engage in anal sex.
    Thirdly,NEVER feel pressured into doing something you do not want to .
    Forthly,if you are going to have sex with someone/anyone ,ALWAYS play safe
    End of lesson :)

Mmmm, was the condescension intentional?

Op, go with whatever is comfortable. Everybody has different tastes, and you don't have to do anything you'e not comfortable with.

I would suggest try everything once just to see what you like. It might take you a while to figure out exactly what is and is not for you (it did for me anyway).

Also, i think using phrases like "get penetrated" might make it sounds scary than it needs to be, It's not all as gruesome as that might make it sound. Some people love to bottom, some people don't. It's kind of something you need to experience to truly appreciate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

floggg wrote: »

Op, go with whatever is comfortable. Everybody has different tastes, and you don't have to do anything you'e not comfortable with.

I would suggest try everything once just to see what you like. It might take you a while to figure out exactly what is and is not for you (it did for me anyway).

Also, i think using phrases like "get penetrated" might make it sounds scary than it needs to be, It's not all as gruesome as that might make it sound. Some people love to bottom, some people don't. It's kind of something you need to experience to truly appreciate.

I agree. Getting Piledrived sounds much more inviting :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 899 ✭✭✭oisindoyle

Try "sense of humour"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭floggg

oisindoyle wrote: »

Try "sense of humour"

The "sense of humour" retort only works where something funny is actually said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,104 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Ok - can we stay on topic please

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement