Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Season 3: Episode 1 * Have NOT read the books/SPOILERS**MOD Note Post#1**

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭Syferus

Great that the show is back. The few strange cuts in last season's finale seem insignificant, even if a few of the Winterfell-centric questions haven't been addressed yet. There's just a beguiling quality to almost every scene of the show. It really is the best fantasy that's ever been committed to film, cinema or television.

I'm looking forward to Jamie's return to King's Landing because we'll get more inter-action with him and Tyrion and the fact they have such a close bond should make for some interesting Lannister family talks with just about everyone, especially Joffrey and the Queen.

I also can't see how anyone would think Tyrion wasn't portrayed as a very likeable character from square one. He clearly makes a good, pragmatic and compassionate leader, which is a combination of traits almost no one else in the series has. Were he in control of the Lannisters' affairs the whole of Westeros would be a damn sight better off right now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Elmidena wrote: »
    FYP ;)

Whoops, yes indeed; fixed! :)
    Jon is exactly where he is suppose to be, under the HalfHand's (RIP) orders.

For all intents and purposes he's lost to Westeros though: as far as the Starks and the Nights Watch are concerned he's missing (and I'm guessing will be presumed dead by Mormont)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Rabidlamb

Saw it last night, handy to skip through the breaks.

I loved every minute of it, the CGI seems to have improved although it's still noticeable.
    It was a formative scene setting episode that crammed a lot in.

Liam Cunninghams character (no good with names) went down weakly in the end, thought he's have more cunning than that.
    I wish they'd actually shown Stannis burning his own men to reinforce the hold the Red Witch had on him.

The only storyline I find boring is Stansa, she'll surely become excess baggage once Jamie returns.
    Once again Charles Dance & Peter Dinklage stole the show, powerful scene, I loved how Tyrion turned & walked out as Tywin gave his final retort.

With so many storylines in play it seems the format this season will be 5 mins on each every episode, suits their bloody ad breaks aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 685 ✭✭✭luketitz

Saw it last night too, brilliant. M only regret is not waiting til I have a few of them built up for a few hours of great viewing in one sitting!

That giant was amazing, I hope he has a bit more screentime ahead.

also, just came across this amazing little site, apologies if it's been posted before - http://www.wherehaveallthewildlingsgone.com/ - some savage detail, although borderline obsessive - you've gotta admire the creativity behind it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,983 ✭✭✭Degag

Syferus wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to Jamie's return to King's Landing because we'll get more inter-action with him and Tyrion and the fact they have such a close bond should make for some interesting Lannister family talks with just about everyone, especially Joffrey and the Queen.
    Rabidlamb wrote: »
    The only storyline I find boring is Stansa, she'll surely become excess baggage once Jamie returns.
    Why are we so sure that Jamie makes it back to Kings Landing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

random question, does Jon know that Ned is dead at this point? can't for the life of me remember if he's ever told.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,433 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

krudler wrote: »
    random question, does Jon know that Ned is dead at this point? can't for the life of me remember if he's ever told.

Yeah he does (I think), news was sent by raven in season one if I remember rightly telling him Robb had called the banners. It was when Maester Aemonn told Jon he's a Targaeryan and went through a similar situation during Robert's rebellion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

krudler wrote: »

Yes he knows, remember Aemon talked to him about the reason the Nights Watch cant marry is so that they dont have to choose between family and duty and that the Nights Watch is his family now - when Jon feels he should go and help his brother Robb at war. He found out a bit before that, Thorne slagged him over his fathers treason and he went for him with a knife. It was the episode in season 1 where Mormont was attacked by the dead guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Yeah he does, Rattleshirt..asked last season 'what would Mance want with a dead man's bastard?' and Jon didn't react so it wasnt news to him.

• Advertisement
Advertisement