Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rented equipment not collected

Options
  • 01-04-2013 3:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭

I was due to begin a three month trial of a piece of medical equipment. A company called round (no idea who they were, the hospital sent them) and supplied me with the device.

Turned out after a few months, I didn't need the device and also couldn't afford to pay for it (changed job)

Rang company and asked them to collect it. Told them I was no longer using it and couldn't afford to keep paying. Company refused to collect it without doctor's say-so.

Skip ahead a couple of months and I send them a letter explaining that I requested it removed before and that my doctor had discharged me. I enclosed a cheque that would cover the majority of the months that had passed (though possibly €100 short, but it was a case of all I had.) and told them to collect it. So they collected it and that was the last I heard about it. Thought all was resolved. Heard nothing after they picked it up.

Skip ahead a year and a bit and I get a letter saying I owe them €500 and they'll remove the equipment if I don't pay asap. They also keep ringing me at odd times and leaving messages to ring them back. I was dealing with the Irish side of this operation, but the English mothership seems to be after me.

Just wondering if there's any advice before I try tackle it on Tuesday. They haven't supplied me with any actual details in the letter, other than the total owed, threats about removal of equipment etc. and a direct debit form.

I think my first port of call is to ask them to send me details of what I apparently owe them in writing. Based on the amount they're mentioning, it's as if they haven't registered any of my payments.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 698 ✭✭✭belcampprisoner

call them and tell to remove asap,they will have to sue you in small claims court,did you sign a lease,write down all phone calls And dates,and keep copies of letters

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

They're threatening to remove equipment that has already been removed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Next time they call calmly tell then yet again that it went back to them whenever but if they want to repossess it then certainly send somebody around for it again!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Yeah, it's hugely confusing. I can only assume they're completely disorganised. Clowns.

Advertisement