Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea v Manchester United F.A Cup 1/4 Final replay K.O 12.30pm ITV HD

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Good call Paul, it's probably a good time for me to leave given that you must be almost out of "likes" by now. This debate has been ridiculous and entirely irrelevant anyway because all that matters is that Chelsea, the better team over the course of both games, are through to the semi final of a competition they have dominated in recent times.

Out of likes? Grow up will ya

If you had made the rest of your post in the first place there'd be no issue - that is all that matters. However, its the snipe at the end that you know full well people are going to take exception to and you act the innocent party. You won, go and enjoy that!?

Essien wrote: »
    It was poor stuff to be fair, not a rash tackle, red card or dodgy offside goal in sight. A real 'slow news day' as far as football games go.

Yeah i was watching on stream and souness was talking about lack of intensity, physicality and the things you would expect in a quarter final replay between 2 of the big teams. It just sort of played out. Chelsea better over the 2 legs though and deservedly through

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Out of likes? Grow up will ya

If you had made the rest of your post in the first place no issue - that is all that matter. However, its the snipe at the end that you know full well people are going to take exception to and you act the innocent party. You won, go and enjoy that!?

Mate flick through the pages of the thread since I posted my first comment. There are only so many times you need to like something until people get the message that you didn't agree with my comment. It was a blizzard of likes.

Actually I didn't know that and, anyone who was watching ITV's coverage of the game, would have realised that it was practically the exact same remark that Adrian Chiles made during the broadcast. Let's all ring up ITV and complain.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Rafa Picked the team and the tactics and again, he out thought Ferguson. He won't be with Chelsea next season and to be honest they don't deserve him. Well done Rafa, well played Chelsea, much the better team on the day imo. Mata bossed the middle and Ba was a constant thorn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Shock, horror! Chelsea fan enjoys Man Utd being eliminated from FA Cup by the team he supports, somebody call the Daily Mail......on second thought don't, they will probably report that story.

You're continuously resorting to attacking a straw man.

I'm out.

Mate flick through the pages of the thread since I posted my first comment. There are only so many times you need to like something until people get the message that you didn't agree with my comment. It was a blizzard of likes.

Actually I didn't know that and, anyone who was watching ITV's coverage of the game, would have realised that it was practically the exact same remark that Adrian Chiles made during the broadcast. Let's all ring up ITV and complain.

I like sensible posts and ones that make sense. You got none and if you want to study the likes take a look at how many you got - says something.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

I like sensible posts and ones that make sense. You got none and if you want to study the likes take a look at how many you got - says something.

Chelsea fan gets few likes in thread where the vast majority of posters have been of a Man Utd persuasion....again, shock, horror! I can assure you, I'm not here for the likes.

Anyway this has gotten far too ridiculous and has dragged the thread far too off topic, so I'm out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Fair play to Chelsea - deserved the win today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Winston Payne

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Rafa Picked the team and the tactics and again, he out thought Ferguson. He won't be with Chelsea next season and to be honest they don't deserve him. Well done Rafa, well played Chelsea, much the better team on the day imo. Mata bossed the middle and Ba was a constant thorn.

Yep he's a master tactician alright. QPR SWANSEA lowest avaerage points per game.
    I doubt we would have beat a full strength Utd

Yep he's a master tactician alright. QPR SWANSEA lowest avaerage points per game.
    I doubt we would have beat a full strength Utd

Its good to see you rate him as a master tactician, he always seems to struggle against the lesser teams, but when it comes to pitting his wits against the likes of Fergie or Mourhino, he always tends to come out on top

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Poor game but it was always gonna be with both teams playing the weekend, also playing Phil Jones in midfield, he offers nothing but kicking opposition off the ball ala bolton style.

overall united are what 18 points ahead in the league, maybe fergy could have played a weaker team at the weekend like chelsea, definitely something fergy got wrong and Benitez got right.

Its good to see you rate him as a master tactician, he always seems to struggle against the lesser teams, but when it comes to pitting his wits against the likes of Fergie or Mourhino, he always tends to come out on top

Ferguson and Benitez have had thirteen games against each in other in England, taking in the Premier League and the FA Cup. Ferguson's got eight victories, Benitez four, with one draw between them (in the worst Liverpool - Man.United game that you could hope to have seen, Roy Keane's last game for United).

Ferguson and Benitez have had thirteen games against each in other in England, taking in the Premier League and the FA Cup. Ferguson's got eight victories, Benitez four, with one draw between them (in the worst Liverpool - Man.United game that you could hope to have seen, Roy Keane's last game for United).

OK, now find a few managers of top four teams (Top eight even) with a better record against Sir Alex

OK, now find a few managers of top four teams (Top eight even) with a better record against Sir Alex

Mourinho. He's got seven victories in fifteen games across the Premier League, Champions League and in the domestic cups.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

rafa 1 fergie 0 and that's a fahhhhcccct :p

the rafmeister will have enjoyed that one, very very sweet

did they shake hands this time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Harry Deerpark

donfers wrote: »
    rafa 1 fergie 0 and that's a fahhhhcccct :p

the rafmeister will have enjoyed that one, very very sweet

Had a look at my Facebook and I seen a picture from Soccer Memes of them shaking hands. Didn't check to see if it was legit, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

donfers wrote: »

Yes at start and full time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Lol at the Rafa lovers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

How will man u fans reflect on this season. At one stage being touted by mr ferguson himself for another treble, now out of both of cups in a couple of weeks. Another run of the mill title chalked up no doubt, but won at a canter, it will hardly go down as a vintage season? Or will it?

• Advertisement

League is no 1 for any fan.

It will be good season.

Winning the league at canter makes it better imo

How will man u fans reflect on this season. At one stage being doubted by mr ferguson himself for another treble, now out of both of cups in a couple of weeks. Another run of the mill title chalked up no doubt, but won at a canter, it will hardly go down as a vintage season? Or will it?

Best Freudian slip of the season?

Best Freudian slip of the season?

Yes, touted.

It will be good season.

Really? Come on would you not like to beat city to it the way they did last year, all the excitement and tense moments which make all the pain worthwhile?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

How will man u fans reflect on this season. At one stage being touted by mr ferguson himself for another treble, now out of both of cups in a couple of weeks. Another run of the mill title chalked up no doubt, but won at a canter, it will hardly go down as a vintage season? Or will it?

The only trophies that dictate a successful season at Utd these days are the league and CL. Winning the carling/milk/rumbelows or fa cup don't change anything bar a bit of window dressing.

For anyone who supported the club in the 70s/80s there is no run of the mill title. Everyone is sweet and the ones that got way like the leeds/blackburn/city years still rankle :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

It will be good season.

But,but,but...."We are shite,we are 15 points clear with only one decent midfielder,crap wingers,a dodgy 'keeper,shaky defence and a striker who is carrying the team.How did this team manage it?"

Winning the cup would've been a bonus but getting "our trophy" back is the priority.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,787 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

jaykay74 wrote: »
    The only trophies that dictate a successful season at Utd these days are the league and CL. Winning the carling/milk/rumbelows or fa cup don't change anything bar a bit of window dressing.

For anyone who supported the club in the 70s/80s there is no run of the mill title. Everyone is sweet and the ones that got way like the leeds/blackburn/city years still rankle :)
    +1.

I remember about 10 years ago when United were winning titles really easily but were coming up short in Europe, I had to listen to muppets whinging about 'having to make do with the poxy Premiership'

These were guys who would have remembered the seventies and eighties and should have known better.

Its true what they say, some fans don't deserve success.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

zerks wrote: »
    But,but,but...."We are shite,we are 15 points clear with only one decent midfielder,crap wingers,a dodgy 'keeper,shaky defence and a striker who is carrying the team.How did this team manage it?"

Winning the cup would've been a bonus but getting "our trophy" back is the priority.

eh who is this one decent midfielder you talk of?

Really? Come on would you not like to beat city to it the way they did last year, all the excitement and tense moments which make all the pain worthwhile?

Yes really.

Name 1 team in PL who would not like to be in our position?

Would it get boring if it was like this Every season? Maybe it would.

United play City next week. Any United fan will be up for this game regardless of position.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Thecon21

Not at all, would take destroying the league everytime, delighted we're 15 clear and hoping it'll be even more by the end of the season.

Now we just have the league to go for, hoping we strive for some records now :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

zerks wrote: »

And that's only what your own fans are saying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

I'd rather win boring titles in April than exciting ones in May.

Jeez, you would swear winning the league was no big deal if you were to go by some of the bitter posts here :rolleyes:

I'm happy with how we have performed this season. Won 25 of the 30 Premier League games and got knocked out of both cups at Stamford Bridge with pretty much a second string side on both occassions. Narrowly beaten by Madrid in the Champions League over 2 legs due in part to a dodgy decision.

This is a strong United squad but hey, let's not get carried away it's only another league title...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Jeez, you would swear winning the league was no big deal if you were to go by some of the bitter posts here :rolleyes:

I'm happy with how we have performed this season. Won 25 of the 30 Premier League games and got knocked out of both cups at Stamford Bridge with pretty much a second string side on both occassions. Narrowly beaten by Madrid in the Champions League over 2 legs due in part to a dodgy decision.

This is a strong United squad but hey, let's not get carried away it's only another league title...

What bitter posts.

niallo27 wrote: »
    What bitter posts.
    Read back if you can be arsed, I'm not.

niallo27 wrote: »
    And that's only what your own fans are saying.

True tbf,I paraphrased pretty much the topics of conversation from over the season about United.

Thing about this team is that we know how to get the job done,City sat back on their laurels and lo & behold are getting schooled on what it means to be Champions.

Our form has been lacklustre since the defeat to Madrid and if we didn't have a 15 point lead I'd be worried.Any United fan who believes the title isn't important or 'run of the mill' needs a kick in the hole and be made watch that Aguero goal from last season on a loop for a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Well done Chelsea. That was a class goal from Demba Ba.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Oh hellz to the yeah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

The athleticism from Ba to get on the end of that pass was pretty special.

• Advertisement

4GDjik.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

A moment of magic, the ball from Mata was sublime and the finish was no less exquisite. Only gripe I have is Rio and Smalling were 2 foot deeper then they should have been (where the rest of the defence was) and Welbeck never put any pressure on Mata before he played the ball. Can't stand off a guy with that much quality there.

Advertisement