Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going backwards to go forwards

Options
  • 01-04-2013 10:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

This is me.

Height: 64 inches (five foot four inches)
    Weight: 13 stone three pounds

Measurements:
    Neck - 15.5 inches
    Chest - 40.5 inches
    Waist - 41.5 inches
    Hips - 44.5 inches
    Thigh - 26.5 inches
    Calf - 15.5 inches
    Bicep - 13.5 inches
    (As a note to myself, these measurements were taken today based on this Youtube video.)

Hip to waist ratio: 0.86

BMI: 32, so well into the Overweight zone (and I know BMI can't be relied on as Gospel as such ... but I think this is just about accurate for me.)

Jeans size: I'm finding size 16 to be tight on me these days.

The weight I'm at now is about as heavy as I've ever been. I hit 10 stone when I was about 21/22, and wasn't happy about it, and hoped to get back to 9.5 stone. Over the years, I never lost those few extra pounds, and the weight steadily crept on, and I believe I could now lose 3.5 stone and be at a healthy weight.

The thread title 'Going backwards to go forwards' has a personal meaning to me. I've gone through quite a lot in the past decade, and refused to really deal with the emotional trauma at the time, choosing to ignore it instead. Some of the bad choices I made and the unhealthy habits I formed as a result have quite a lot to do with the fact that my weight is what it is now. There is definitely a strong link between when my life and my body both began to become pear-shaped! :pac: But I'm facing up to it now, taking control of my life again, and some shred of self-esteem and self-belief is finally returning.

I'm unfit at the moment, and I'll work out my fitness plan as I go along. But I'm planning on starting off with Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred, and I'll work it out from there. My diet isn't too bad, but there's definitely room for improvement there, too.

Starting off with the 30 Day Shred tomorrow. We'll see how it goes! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 One in a million

Day one went OK. :)

Started off the 30 Day Shred. I wasn't able to do the push-ups at all - I've never done them before, and I think it was that my technique was totally off - going to look up some videos on Youtube tonight. I was surprised that I found the cardio bits quite OK! Only used very light weights, but I'll work my way up to heavier ones.

My diet was fine (so far!), ate healthily all day, and wasn't even tempted to eat anything bold!

Got out for a walk at lunch time, and might fit in another one after dinner. There's a grand oul' stretch in the evenings! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭TheBellJar

Day one went OK. :)

Started off the 30 Day Shred. I wasn't able to do the push-ups at all - I've never done them before, and I think it was that my technique was totally off - going to look up some videos on Youtube tonight.

It they're tough just try them from your knees to start with and you'll be banging full ones out in no time :)

Advertisement