Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Huge increase in spam in past 12 hours

Options
  • 01-04-2013 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

Am seeing a big increase in spam in my eircom.net account - at least 20 times the usual amount. 
    Is there a problem with the filtering? Any else see this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭douglasman

MarkoF wrote: »
    Am seeing a big increase in spam in my eircom.net account - at least 20 times the usual amount. 
    Is there a problem with the filtering? Any else see this?
    Yes, same for me.  Normally get a handful of spam a day on eircom.net, checked today and 86 spam messages in one go, so something radically wrong there!

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Mollywolly

Same for me too.  Couldn't believe it when I saw 68 spam messages, all promoting the same weight loss program.  Is that what you guys are getting?  It started around 5am and doesn't seem to have stopped yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭MarkoF

Mollywolly wrote: »
    Same for me too.  Couldn't believe it when I saw 68 spam messages, all promoting the same weight loss program.  Is that what you guys are getting?  It started around 5am and doesn't seem to have stopped yet.
    Yup - weight loss stuff with the names of hollywood starlets  attached - very obvious spam which should be easy to filter.
    Looks like something is borked.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Aye there's been a big attack lately.

This may interest some of you, or not.

58 additional weight-loss spams received between 1 am and 10 am.
    What's up

• Advertisement

58 additional weight-loss spams received between 1 am and 10 am.
    What's up
    That's nothing!  I'm up to 250 now since 1st April and they're coming in at an average of 6 per hour.  For some perverse reason (dunno what) I'm keeping them for a few days to see what the final tally is :)

Its dropped off dramatically in the last 12 hours or so.
    Down to 7 since last night.:)

Its dropped off dramatically in the last 12 hours or so.
    Down to 7 since last night.
    Same for me too.  Either the Eircom spam filter is working properly again or whoever was spamming has been caught.  Personally, I'm hoping it's the latter - hate spammers with a passion :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hi Guys,

I can assure you that managers in e-mail support are aware of a number of customers reporting spam either through technical support or via our online channels.

They are investigating and we have sent on a number of examples & e-mail accounts to them directly. We hope to have an update soon.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement