Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evelyn's Freudean slip

Options
  • 01-04-2013 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭

On the RTE weather last night http://www.rte.ie/player/ie/show/10127211/ (20.4 mins in ) Evelyn talks about the weather for 'Christmas Day' when she means Easter Sunday - wouldnt blame her tho' with the temps we're having. ( She did refer to Christmas Day temps v's Easter Sunday earlier in the broadcast so maybe that knocked her out ? ) :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Seriously a whole thread for this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

maybe she was at the sherry

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

At least she had the decency to mention the two long-serving voluntary observers, now that is worth a thread on it's own. The two men with 63 years and 50 years of daily recording is something to be very greatful for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭Darwin

Funny this should come up...It was either yesterday or the previous day I checked the mobile version of met.ie around 7am or so and it spoke of the weather coming over the christmas period! It was no typo either as they were going on about wet and windy weather and the days were all wrong. My exact thoughts were somone was having an early tipple at the drinks cabinet :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

Danno wrote: »
    At least she had the decency to mention the two long-serving voluntary observers, now that is worth a thread on it's own. The two men with 63 years and 50 years of daily recording is something to be very greatful for.

Yeah, I thought that was lovely. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

I actually thought her point was that Christmas day was actually warmer than what it was on Easter Sunday. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 378 ✭✭Quickelles

Isn't snow more common on Easter Sunday than on Christmas Day?

Advertisement