Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ATV2 & 2TB External HDD

• 01-04-2013 2:59pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 249 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Just migrated across to ATV2/XBMC for the sitting room (previously on: 10m HDMI ccable from laptop :) and then an Android HDMI dongle )

I have a 2TB HDD full of movies and tv shows that I would like to have in my ATV's XBMC library but am having difficulty finding a router that will allow me to plug my USB 3.0 external drive into that I can then setup a network share for on ATV2/XBMC.

Has anyone had experience with this before?

My UPC Cisco Router has a USB port but firmware locked I think - so unusable.

I was going to buy a Netgear router with Readyshare USB, but heard there are issues with XBMC collecting shared files via this method.

Basically looking for advice, don't want the HDD to end up useless.

Comments

Advertisement