Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finally .... Success !

Options
  • 01-04-2013 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭

After 8 months now of effort, I hvae finally built modded and customised enough hardware and software to get long term auto guiding functioning! Here is the graph:

kec31k.jpg

Thats from my 11inch OTA on a home made wedge. It autoguided away merryily for 30 mins with no loss of track. Im sure I can get it smoother as well if I fiddle with some settings but I am well please with that :)

I was all set to image NGC2903: Auto guiding locked, smooth graph etc. Plugged in camera, got it focused. Connect the long exposure adapter, went over to the computer and :eek: only 3 usb ports !$%"%"^"

So despite all my efforts had to image unguided. It wasnt a great night for it anyway, lots of passing clouds and ngc2903 just above dublin in the sky. Will stack and see if I go anything later. Extra USB ports ordered!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭TheAlkaline

Just buy something like this rozgaleziacz-usb-x4-porty-ps3-b-iext6177678.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭ZeRoY

Just buy something like this

If not powered it may draw too much power out of one port. Usually on Laptops the usb ports are fairly low power and so a powered hub is required to extend port number.

Advertisement