Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Systema stockists ireland

• 01-04-2013 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

Does anyone know if any shops in Ireland stock systema ptw. Would like to have a look at them to make my mind up about if there worth the money. I've never seen anyone playing with one on a site

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭S.E.A.L.s

There is a lad with one down in Hilltop and a friend who has one too + I know of a couple of other lads around these parts who have them, have never seen or heard of a shop in Ireland stocking them and I'm open to correction :o

Also, they are high quality and those who have them say they are the mutts nuts, however, I do not agreed and maybe I'm just cheap :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

no dealer/stockest in ireland as far as im aware ( due to the cost and demand tbh ) but some will be able to get one in for you

personally i would recommend looking into getting one direct from Tackleberry (the uk/europe service centre/person ) from the uk as you can buy one with all of his mods done already ( the mods being almost a must to waterproof the electronics and such )

would recommend checking out the ptw forums for information on him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Redwolf opened in England, didn't they? If anyone can get you one I would say it's them!

I can;t imagine spending 1k+ on a single AEG myself, but if you're that way inclined, be my guest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Private Snafu

Puding wrote: »
    no dealer/stockest in ireland as far as im aware ( due to the cost and demand tbh ) but some will be able to get one in for you

personally i would recommend looking into getting one direct from Tackleberry (the uk/europe service centre/person ) from the uk as you can buy one with all of his mods done already ( the mods being almost a must to waterproof the electronics and such )

would recommend checking out the ptw forums for information on him

Most of Tacks mods can be done at home for a fraction of the price. Waterproofing for example is just a coating of pcb lacquer and his hop mod is a slightly larger hop rubber (you can buy enough for 1000s for a couple of quid). Any speciality mods such as shortened powerboards for lipo use and rewound motors have been replicated and mass produced at half the price as well.

If you have your heart set on a systema maybe a challenge kit is a better oprion (certainly cheaper anyway). Otherwise theres often a few for sale second hand on systema europe.

If you need any more info regarding them just give me a PM, I have one myself. There's a few others about but most wont admit to spending so much on what is essentailly a toy:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭CpcRc

It's a good idea to get the motor rewound if you get one as it can make the stock motor last much longer. Someone in the UK does it, and I'm assuming it's tackleberry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭dave762

Thanks for the replies I was thinking about a challenge kit are they easy to put together. I know fire support will put them together for an extra 100 pound

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Private Snafu

dave762 wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies I was thinking about a challenge kit are they easy to put together. I know fire support will put them together for an extra 100 pound

The challenge kits are ridiculously easy to put together. Biggest challenge is assembling the hopup correctly and not pinching cables. Other than that you're just putting the externals together. Bare in mind though Systema challenge kit bodies come without any trades, possibly take some of the cash you save by doing it yourself and buy a Prime body kit:p
    CpcRc wrote: »
    It's a good idea to get the motor rewound if you get one as it can make the stock motor last much longer. Someone in the UK does it, and I'm assuming it's tackleberry.

AFAIK Tack uses a hobby shop to rewind his motors, nothing stopping you cutting out the middle man ;) Also there are other proven motors on the market these days so a ludicrously expensive rewind is no longer a necessity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

Most of Tacks mods can be done at home for a fraction of the price. Waterproofing for example is just a coating of pcb lacquer and his hop mod is a slightly larger hop rubber (you can buy enough for 1000s for a couple of quid). Any speciality mods such as shortened powerboards for lipo use and rewound motors have been replicated and mass produced at half the price as well.

If you have your heart set on a systema maybe a challenge kit is a better oprion (certainly cheaper anyway). Otherwise theres often a few for sale second hand on systema europe.

If you need any more info regarding them just give me a PM, I have one myself. There's a few others about but most wont admit to spending so much on what is essentailly a toy:o

yes most of the can be done, actually done some myself, but tbh when people are normally looking to buy a new systema i point them in the direct of tacklebury as you can normal get all the work done and the systema for the price of buying a stock one direct from other locations

but when its comes to PTW tbh the biggest thing is to go in with your eyes open and do your research, it is not an 'I Win Buttons' tbh things like the new WE Katana offer a lot of the advantages of the ptw that most people are looking for at a fraction of the cost

if you really want to save money as other have mentioned you can buy the challenger kit and do the mods yourself :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭CpcRc

AFAIK Tack uses a hobby shop to rewind his motors, nothing stopping you cutting out the middle man ;) Also there are other proven motors on the market these days so a ludicrously expensive rewind is no longer a necessity.

When I looked up the systema europe forums in a search he said that he had the equipment himself from RC days to rewind motors.

But maybe he outsources to a hobby shop now, I didn't read too much, only the first page or so of the thread.

My friend says it's about 80 pound sterling for a motor rewind and the performance isn't that much worse than upgrade motors for the ptw and it is still a little cheaper than the aftermarket one.

After reading this I spent hours up last night reading about how to rewind brushed motors and clean the inside of them so that I could try on an old motor at home sometime for my own aegs. Might be a good way to make a good high torque motor but I certainly wouldn't try on a systema motor, too expensive to risk unless I had previous experience and it was already buggered.

With regards cheaper options, airsoft systems have released a few products to simulate PTW features. Their ASCU is a nice unit for electronics and now they're releasing their hopup chamber which will allow empty mag detection and has a button for the bolt release too I think to simulate that feature too.
    Sounds interesting as it could mean a lot of the systema magazine features with regular magazines saving money.

The list of PTW based items out now as far as I can think of are;
    The WE katana
    The celcius CTW
    The G&D DTW
    The A&K PTW MK4
    The A&K PTW MK5

• Registered Users Posts: 4 JC73

Hi Dave,

I own a couple of Tackleberry's Systema PTW, as well as a stock Celcius CTW, a Marui Scar L along with a few G&P AEg's and some GBBRs.

Are the Systema's worth it????? I cant say for sure, but I play with mine every week and I love them, mind you they have a lot of upgrades over a regular out of the box Systema or Challange Kit.

The CTW that I have is a stock one without any mods and I can tell you for sure stay away from the CTW - I would rather spend the money on a good Marui Sopmod or Scar any day of the week. There is no comparison between the PTW and the CTW.

As for the Challange kit, unless you are pretty good at building/repairing AEG's why take the risk on an expensive kit that you could make a mess off.

Keep in mind that it's not only the gun that is expensive - everything else is too. A box of 6 Systema Mags costs about £250 - but you can now get Magpul PTS PMags for the Systema that cost about £26 each.

Systema's a very fussy about the BB's that you use - Tac recommends madbull 0.25's, but others use Grenn Devil Bios or excels. I have not tried ASG Blasters in mine yet.

Mags for the Systema are all mid-caps, max 120 rounds, but at the start you will need to use about 60 until the springs bed in. This can be a problem in your regular skirmish where you are up against high cappers who can go for 10 or 15 seconds of burst to walk the BB's in.

Does the Systema outrange a Normal AEG - most people say yes, but I cant honestly say that it does. It takes a while to get your hopup just right, and adjusting a hopup in a systema is a Pain in the Neck - Allen key in the Magwell, so you fire a shot, take out the mag, adjust with allen key, insert mag, fire again and repeat

Will a Systema make you a better player - NO - A good player can kill as many with his pistol as he can with a rifle. A wise buddy of mine told me last week that instead of trying to find an extra 10 feet of range in my gun I should be looking at getting 10 feet closer to my target and be sure of my hits.

Anyway, I play at the compound most Sundays so if you want to play with a Systema before you buy let me know and I will set it up for you.

There are some cracking second hand Systema's for sale on TackleBerrys forum - I would start there as you are likely to get better value for money. If you dont know where his forum is then PM me and I will tell you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭dave762

Thanks for the reply
    Would a non max be ok for Ireland or should I go for the max 2

• Registered Users Posts: 4 JC73

dave762 wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply
    Would a non max be ok for Ireland or should I go for the max 2

Hi Dave,

As far as I know there are the Max, Max II and Supermax models in the 2012 line up.

Tackleberry advised me to go with the Max II - he said it is exactly the same as the Max except it ships with a M90 Cylinder, I think the Max has a 110 Cylinder in the box.

The Supermax is designed to push bigger springs like a 150 or 165 but at the expense of a lower rate of fire, and given the 1 Joule limit here this would be a waste of time.

That all said, Tackleberry can sell you a tuned cylinder for the Max II that will run between 450 and 500 fps if you are going to be playing abroad.

Advertisement