Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is the GPO open today

Options
  • 01-04-2013 3:12pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 514 ✭✭✭

I need to send something to the uk
    I will go into town today so need to know

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

RUSTEDCORE wrote: »
    I need to send something to the uk
    I will go into town today so need to know

No, All post offices are closed on a Bank Holiday

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

No it is not open until tomorrow.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 514 ✭✭✭RUSTEDCORE

The 1 day in my entire life that I need a stamp
    Why cant we just buy them online and print them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

First of all it's a public holiday, not a bank holiday.

Secondly, you can buy from your local shop - stamp retailer, or from a postal services machine (loads around)

amtc wrote: »
    First of all it's a public holiday, not a bank holiday.

Secondly, you can buy from your local shop - stamp retailer, or from a postal services machine (loads around)

Can I get uk stamps there?
    I heard I must buy a booklet of stamps...I require 1

Where might one find a postal services machine at 4am in Dublin city centre?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Not particularly helpful but I asked in work if they were open on Good Friday, my boss pointed out that the last time they opened at Easter it didn't end well.

On a slightly more helpful note if its just a letter, I'm pretty sure there's a vending machine for stamp, built into the wall (think its on Princes St)

Gillo wrote: »
    Not particularly helpful but I asked in work if they were open on Good Friday, my boss pointed out that the last time they opened at Easter it didn't end well.

On a slightly more helpful note if its just a letter, I'm pretty sure there's a vending machine for stamp, built into the wall (think its on Princes St)

princes street?

I dont know where that is

The side street between Penny's and the GPO

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

most retailers displaying a bill post sign will have them, all international stamps same price - almost 2k of these nationwide.

postal service centres are in all shopping centres, airport, rail stations etc. open 24 hours. Advantage is built in weighing scales.

remember prices go up tomorrow though! And if you post now, it won't get picked up until Last Time of Posting (5.30 usually), so no real point.

Princes St is on side of O Connell Street, but the vendig machine is actualy on O Connell St.

amtc wrote: »
    most retailers displaying a bill post sign will have them, all international stamps same price - almost 2k of these nationwide.

postal service centres are in all shopping centres, airport, rail stations etc. open 24 hours. Advantage is built in weighing scales.

remember prices go up tomorrow though! And if you post now, it won't get picked up until Last Time of Posting (5.30 usually), so no real point.

Princes St is on side of O Connell Street, but the vendig machine is actualy on O Connell St.

The machine is 24/7?

When you say prices go up tommorrow does that mean I need more stamps or current stamps will expire.

Im sending a normal envelope with a special screwdriver in it...probably 100g in weight

• Advertisement

Yeah it's a machine built into in if the windows and facing onto the street. It's handy to know about.

Gillo wrote: »
    Yeah it's a machine built into in if the windows and facing onto the street. It's handy to know about.

got there at 5am...garda outside stared at me lol

machine only sold 10 for 8 quid and wasnt working:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭nibtrix

I saw two different machines over the weekend that were out of order, and the post office refused to sell me stamps on Thursday. Presume it was because the prices were changing and they didn't have the new prices set up yet or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,459 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

OP, it wasn't going to end up in An Post van until 5:30 p.m. today (Tuesday) so I really cant see why you were busting a gut to get it posted yesterday.

Even the post box outside my local sorting office is only emptied once a day - at 5:30 p.m.

RUSTEDCORE wrote: »
    got there at 5am...garda outside stared at me lol

machine only sold 10 for 8 quid and wasnt working:mad:
    You should have offered to get them a coffee in the 24 hr's McDonalds, that must be an awful spot to get for the Garda, at least on a normal "beat" you can walk around.
    Sorry I possibly should have said that yeah it sells a book of stamps.

coylemj wrote: »
    OP, it wasn't going to end up in An Post van until 5:30 p.m. today (Tuesday) so I really cant see why you were busting a gut to get it posted yesterday.

Even the post box outside my local sorting office is only emptied once a day - at 5:30 p.m.

Im proactive:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement