Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best way to get to Silversprings?

Options
  • 01-04-2013 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭

I'm starting a course there that's an evening course and I am thinking of my options as to how to get there.

It's about a 15-20 minute walk from town isn't it?

Also, would cycling on that road be safe enough?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

I'd say it would take at least 45 mins to walk from Patrick's Street. Fine, handy cycle though - 10 mins max, nice and flat.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Colibri

byronbay2 wrote: »
    I'd say it would take at least 45 mins to walk from Patrick's Street. Fine, handy cycle though - 10 mins max, nice and flat.

I didn't know it was that far away by foot!

How's the traffic? I'm not great on the roads by bike :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

theres a bus that goes to mayfield and you can walk staight down the hill , its a 10 minute walk . Maybe someone else can chime in with the number bus ?

The GF had to get it a few years ago and it was the best route out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

byronbay2 wrote: »

+1 Nice cycle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

No 208 Bus to Mayfield or it's approx 2 and a half miles from the City Centre.

There's also a bus to Glanmire (246??) but not sure if it will stop there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Any of the Glanmire and Midleton buses (241, 260 or 261) pass that way, and there is a stop outside the Belvedere Lodge, so it would be a short walk. Also a bus stop across the road for access back to the city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

It's only around 3km from Patrick's bridge, It's a nice easy walk and I'd doubt it would take you any longer than 30 mins.

Advertisement