Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is involved?

Options
  • 01-04-2013 3:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭

Hi all, hoping somebody could give me a little bit of insight on something. We're looking at possibly buying a property which is in a very small cul de sac of maybe 3 or 4 other houses. The other houses have both access to the rear of their property (in the cul de sac), but they also have a driveway coming from a very busy road.

My problem is that the one we're looking at seems they possibly have closed theirs off as there is nothing but bushes there now, and only using the rear cul de sac entrance for access. Now, we'd much rather have both front and rear access, but since they blocked off their entrance the county council have put a large road sign outside, which would potentially cause problems for us if we were to open up and put a drive way in. By that I mean it would mean we might have problems seeing on coming traffic to our right.

I suppose what I want to know is, would I need planning permission firstly to create access to the public road, and has anyone had to ask for a road sign before, or have any information on this. We both really like the property, but it is a bit disheartening to think it may not be possible to give this house a proper drive way.

Thanks in advance :)

Advertisement