Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

myheritage.com

• 01-04-2013 3:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

Does anybody know a way I can sort the people of my tree on myheritage.com in order of the date they were entered onto the tree?

Myself and my wife are both doing family history research and unfortunately we have a tree on both myheritage and ancestry, however she has updated and added a number of names on myheritage that aren't on ancestry.com, and I'm trying to find a way to sort through the names.
    The last time both trees were identical was on the 3rd January, so its not a major timeframe, but we're talking about over 120 names that have been added to myheritage in that time.

Our tree in total has about 2,400 names in total.

Hopefully someone has a good suggestion!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭montgo

Hi,

Using My Heritage tree builder software, each new person entered is given a sequential ID number which is shown on the List Tab left hand side. The last 120 people added will be at the bottom of this list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,779 ✭✭✭paddysdream

Quick question re. the myheritage website.From reading the different types of subscriptions etc. its still unclear which is the cheapest and or best option for me.

Basically what I want to do is contact 2 different people who have family trees related to mine on the site.One of them has a similar tree on Ancestry but havent replied to my message and it looks like they havent been active on there for a while.In the other case its someone for whom I know exists but am unable to find any contact details(phone no. address email etc.).

Dont really want to subscribe to any more sites at the moment.From my point of view ,I have more details to give them than I would get from them.

On a related note ,does anyone on here find that lots of people put up quiet detailed trees on sites and then seem to lose interest or not reply to queries?Can be a tad annoying at times but thats life I suppose.

Thanks for reading .All suggestions welcome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

I'm on the Premium plan as I needed to contact other people and you can't do this with the free version.

I've had the same problem over people not replying to messages sent. I suppose many people get an initial bout of enthusiasm and then give up. It a bit of a nuisance but what can you do?

Advertisement