Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm Leaving

Options
  • 01-04-2013 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭

Well, given the recent trend in fake leaving threads and the fact that it's April fools day, I thought now would be as good a time as any to announce my temporary retirement from Madden!

I'm going to America for 3 months in May. By the time the playoffs are done it'll be late April/Early May so not much point joining the new season. Also, with a loss today I'm pretty sure I'm out of the playoff race.

I started playing in the boards franchise in Season 2 of M12 (I think) and I've really enjoyed my time here. I've played in a couple of franchises and this one has always been my favourite, the boards games are the ones I always look forward to the most. There's a great community here with some very good (and helpful) players. I think the mods do a great job and the league is well regulated so fair play.

I didn't enjoy M13 as much as M12. I think there was something about having a fantasy team that made it so much better for me. I think there was more of an opportunity to build your team the way you wanted it. There was also a lot more to it outside of games where as this year I found that, outside of games, there wasn't really a lot of opportunity for trades and stuff like that. However, the fact we've been using real teams has made this league much more competitive and I think the draft system we used for picking teams this year worked really well so well done to whoever came up with that idea!

Anyway, I'm obviously going to finish the season and I'll definitely be back for M14 and hopefully I have a bad enough record that I manage to get the Falcons again :D

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

You students and your J1s!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Could literally use that word for word myself :pac:

Catch you in Aug/Sep Luke :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

Where abouts you heading Ben?

Advertisement