Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Meat Free Range in the UK

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

That is a big range. Think I might have had a burger before and it was nice, I've gotten bean burgers from tesco before too and they were awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭quaalude

I was searching to see if those Tesco Meat free hotdogs are still available in Ireland and ended up on the tesco UK site to see if they were available at all over there.

As it turns out the range of Tesco Meat free products in the UK is nearly the same size as Quorn's. http://www.tesco.com/groceries/Product/Search/Default.aspx?searchBox=Tesco+Meat+Free&newSort=true&search.x=-1046&search.y=-63&search=Search

Might be worth emailing Tesco Ireland and asking if they have any plans to increase their range over here too.

I will email them - those hot dogs are delicious, so great on the barbecue.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Love all the tesco faux meats mmm. If you want hot dogs, iceland in ilac have them.

Love all the tesco faux meats mmm. If you want hot dogs, iceland in ilac have them.

Thanks Tar.Aldarion - I didn't know that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

If you want hot dogs, iceland in ilac have them.
    A lot of health food shops stock Tivall products too which includes hot dogs and cocktail sausages.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Yeah must give them a try, I think there are fry hotdogs tehre too?

As for iceland, I saw them there for the first time about a month ago quaalude. They also had mini linda mccartney sausage rolls. 30 in a pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭kinkygirl

I got Quorn hotdog sausages last week in Dunnes. Absolutely yummy.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Weyhey

Any one know the email address for Tesco? Really wish they would extend their selection....

Weyhey wrote: »
    Any one know the email address for Tesco? Really wish they would extend their selection....

I emailed customer.services@tesco.ie - and got this reply:

----
    I would like to advise we do sell Tesco Meat Free Burgers and Mince within our stores in Ireland but at present we do not offer the variety as our UK stores do.

However, your request has been logged on our Customer Service Feedback system for the attention of our Buying Team, who will consider your request along with any others received when reviewing our product ranges nationally.

There are times when your local store may be able to request a specific product be stocked just in their store. If you could please go to the Customer Service desk next time you’re in store to request they stock a variety of our Meat Free products and they will ask the Stock Control Team if they can possibly stock them for you. I cannot guarantee we will be able to stock your item, however, we will certainly consider it.

Thank you for your time and if I can be of any further assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact me.
    ----

quaalude wrote: »
    I emailed customer.services@tesco.ie - and got this reply:

----
    I would like to advise we do sell Tesco Meat Free Burgers and Mince within our stores in Ireland but at present we do not offer the variety as our UK stores do.

However, your request has been logged on our Customer Service Feedback system for the attention of our Buying Team, who will consider your request along with any others received when reviewing our product ranges nationally.

There are times when your local store may be able to request a specific product be stocked just in their store. If you could please go to the Customer Service desk next time you’re in store to request they stock a variety of our Meat Free products and they will ask the Stock Control Team if they can possibly stock them for you. I cannot guarantee we will be able to stock your item, however, we will certainly consider it.

Thank you for your time and if I can be of any further assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact me.
    ----

Great quallude. The more people who email them the more they may take the request seriously.

If you ever get lucky with a store specially ordering in veggie food for you please let us know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭ALiasEX

ALiasEX wrote: »

Thank is great, hopefully they will be back in other stores too.

In Nutgrove, Crumlin, The Square and Jervis lately I could only find the burgers. Their mince is made with soya and is so much tastier than Quorn.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

The Tesco veggie hot dogs are savage. Haven't seen them for sale over here for a few years, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭vibrant

I used to buy Tesco Soya Mince, in the freezer packs but over the last few months I have not seen it anywhere... they have the bolognese packs (linked above) for sale but I would love to be able to get the plain Soya Mince again. I remember Iceland used to sell it too, haven't seen it there either, which makes me wonder if maybe it has been totally removed from the market, for some reason? :confused:

Baggot St Upper Tesco has "Tesco Meat Free 8 Burgers 454G" now.

they are fairly reasonable priced even thought it went up, but they changed the ingredients a while ago. The amount of disgusting stuff that comes off them on the george foreman is unreal.
    Still, tasty.

they are fairly reasonable priced even thought it went up, but they changed the ingredients a while ago. The amount of disgusting stuff that comes off them on the george foreman is unreal.
    Still, tasty.

Yeah, I used to love the burgers, but I changed my eating habits in the last while and don't each so much processed fake meat now, and I'm not sure I like them any more.

I make my own veggie pepperoni now and it's so nicely seasoned that I'm not keen on supermarket fake meats nearly as much.

How do you make that?

How do you make that?

I make it with Vital Wheat Gluten - I plan on making some this weekend, so I'll take pics and write up the recipe for you, Tar.

Thanks! May I ask where you get the vital wheat gluten? Last time I tried it was nowhere in Ireland!

• Advertisement

Thanks! May I ask where you get the vital wheat gluten? Last time I tried it was nowhere in Ireland!

I emailed Nourish on their website, and they helpfully ordered a bag in for me, to the shop most convenient to me - Exchequer St in Dublin. It was dear though - €10 for 500g. My recipe that makes a big sausage (!) uses 200g.
    I was happy with the outcome, so then I ordered on iHerb where it's way cheaper: http://ie.iherb.com/Bob-s-Red-Mill-Vital-Wheat-Gluten-Flour-22-oz-623-g/11169
    I used a code I found on boards for $5 off so 2 x 623g was $15.26
    I'll PM you a $5 code now, and get the recipe up over the weekend.

I just posted my veggie pepperoni recipe in a new thread here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=88320675

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

since Tesco's veggie range in Ireland is ****e, Aldi stock three types of burgers which are suitable for vegans: veggie quarter pounders, nut cutlets and spicy beanburgers. €1.69 for 4. They are in the frozen vegetable section.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

BMJD wrote: »
    Aldi stock three types of burgers which are suitable for vegans: veggie quarter pounders, nut cutlets and spicy beanburgers. €1.69 for 4. They are in the frozen vegetable section.

I did not know that. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Washout

i miss the cauliflower cheese grills

Washout wrote: »
    i miss the cauliflower cheese grills

I'd totally forgotten about them!
    You'd have to have one 90's-style: with ketchup and lettuce, between two slices of white pan. Blurgh.
    I had a Birds Eye Vegetable Quarter Pounder out of desperation a few weeks ago - it was crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭roweeeeena

BMJD wrote: »
    since Tesco's veggie range in Ireland is ****e, Aldi stock three types of burgers which are suitable for vegans: veggie quarter pounders, nut cutlets and spicy beanburgers. €1.69 for 4. They are in the frozen vegetable section.

Thanks, I usually avoid processed food but seeing as these aren't fake meat I'll get a pack or two to go in the freezer for laziness emergencies ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Wasn't sure whether to do a new thread for this or not. But Quorn "Chicken" pieces large bags 500g are only €2.04 in Tesco* at the moment, worth stocking up on if you like them.

*tesco dun laoghaire on sunday evening

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭sok2005

Tescos veggie range has got a little better as of late. Last week I saw Quorn Sausage Rolls, Quorn Piri Piri meal with rice, Smoked Tofu from Cauldron, Quorn Mini Scotch Eggs and Southern fillets also. All in the fridge section.
    The mini scotch eggs are delicious by the way. I also got Quorn chicken style Tikka for sandwiches there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

Was in the big Tesco in Finglas yesterday - they'd quorn cocktail sausages AND big quorn sausage rolls (which I'd gotten up North before and loved) was sooo happy to see them there :D tis the little things.....

Advertisement