Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony trolling Microsoft on the Irish Dashboard.....

Options
  • 01-04-2013 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭

I dunno if any of you guy's noticed there on Friday Night but there was a little ad on our dashboard on the bottom right of the main splash screen for the new Sony Xperia phone - no biggie you may say, but I did happen to notice something a bit peculiar in the advertisement....

I thought it was funny and decided to share it in a blog post over on Kotaku, have a look.... :)

http://fieldog.kinja.com/sony-trollin-microsoft-464853633

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭ShaunC

I've seen that advert on the tv, to David Bowie "sound & vision". A bit cheeky of Sony alright but surely Microsoft can decide what adverts can be shown on their system. Sony must have offered big money for that slot.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

ShaunC wrote: »
    I've seen that advert on the tv, to David Bowie "sound & vision". A bit cheeky of Sony alright but surely Microsoft can decide what adverts can be shown on their system. Sony must have offered big money for that slot.

It didn't last all that long funnily enough, I would say it lasted all of about 5 minutes before someone actually copped onto it and removed it just as quick....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭Felexicon

Fieldog wrote: »
    It didn't last all that long funnily enough, I would say it lasted all of about 5 minutes before someone actually copped onto it and removed it just as quick....
    Nah it was there for a good while. It was just removed shortly after you noticed it. No biggie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Yeah it was up at least a week, I thought I was seeing things when I saw a playstation controller in that little box

Got a chuckle out of it all the same :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

GAAman wrote: »
    Yeah it was up at least a week, I thought I was seeing things when I saw a playstation controller in that little box

Got a chuckle out of it all the same :D

Was it really?

I didn't notice it until Friday, sack the advertising dudes Microsoft - next there will be Nintendo and Apple ads... :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭Felexicon

Fieldog wrote: »
    Was it really?

I didn't notice it until Friday, sack the advertising dudes Microsoft - next there will be Nintendo and Apple ads... :P
    You can be sure they paid a fortune for that ad space though.
    Give the advertising guys a raise Microsoft

Advertisement